ADVERTISEMENT

Roster question.

Just a remark, we are losing a bunch of LBers this year. 5/11 are SR's. That's some serious loss at one position.

Just a remark, we are losing a bunch of LBers this year. 5/11 are SR's. That's some serious loss at one position.
If one of the replacements has a true freshman year like Bunting, it’s an upgrade.

Nobody has any answers on whether Gipson, Bunch, or Wadley are playing their third or fourth year of eligibility?

I just can't remember if they got an extra year due to injuries. It seems like all of them were injured for an extended period of time, just can't remember if any of them qualified to petition, or how they came out on that petition. For one reason or another I had them all as juniors, but I think I might be in error on one or all of em..

Reactions: el duran
Getting another Bunting is almost impossible. He’s a once in a generation player for Tulsa
Oh I know. But he was a huge surprise. I was just pointing out that losing lots of experience isn’t a concern if the possibility exists that we could upgrade.

Though he took a redshirt, Zaven Collins fits the bill. Maybe one of those types will emerge.
Zaven is the product of someone at TU really thinking outside the box on how to use him. Gundy will lose sleep over missing out on Collins because he played at a really tiny school and he was playing safety and QB. Why would Gundy recruit a QB who didn't throw or a safety that was too slow to play that position in college.

Zaven is the product of someone at TU really thinking outside the box on how to use him. Gundy will lose sleep over missing out on Collins because he played at a really tiny school and he was playing safety and QB. Why would Gundy recruit a QB who didn't throw or a safety that was too slow to play that position in college.
I always thought Graham statement that he could win the conference with a defense with 3 converted tight ends and 9 former district winning QBs from small schools in Texas nobody else wanted was an insane statement especially since he didn’t actually win a conference. But then I look at Zaven and think he might be right.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Gipson and Bunch are seniors. Wadley is iffy because of physical problems. Monty doesn't expect him back on the field, but doesn't rule it out. Not sure if he would be a junior or senior.

No doubt. I saw him several times in HS and he was the best athlete on the field. Putting your best athlete in the most important positions, and have them play both ways, is what you have to do when your playing small town football. He’s a freak athlete and they projected him very well.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Just noticed ourlads.com has updated the depth chart as of 6/6/19. Only one QB deep and still has JP Romo as kicker. I’m not aware of how they get there data but it’s never very accurate.

I always thought Graham statement that he could win the conference with a defense with 3 converted tight ends and 9 former district winning QBs from small schools in Texas nobody else wanted was an insane statement especially since he didn’t actually win a conference. But then I look at Zaven and think he might be right.
Bryson Powers.

Reactions: 4tu2
Bryson Powers.

Small town qb's tend to be leaders, the best athlete on the team, and usually have high football IQ's. You can win a lot of games with those kind of players.

Jesse Brubaker was a converted TE.

Small town qb's tend to be leaders, the best athlete on the team, and usually have high football IQ's. You can win a lot of games with those kind of players.

Jesse Brubaker was a converted TE.
So was shindelar

Reactions: TU4ever2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT