ADVERTISEMENT

Rice gives us an idea

Raid the endowment for full rides? Doubtful. Rice's endowment is 5x ours. Will be interesting to see if if can be maintained with donors as intended.

But the actual average amount TU students are actually paying is considerably less than the listed price tag. And summer school is free if you're behind 30 hours after freshman year or 60 hours sophomore year.

The strategic plan (and Dr. Clancy) is very aggressive in increasing funds for financial aid.

Reactions: Gold*
Perhaps we need to recruit more students capable of paying full price?

Perhaps we need to recruit more students capable of paying full price?

That would be international students. Everywhere is way down on that demographic.

And I wouldn't assume American kids from families who can pay $60k cash a year are the most academically qualified either.

That would be international students. Everywhere is way down on that demographic.

And I wouldn't assume American kids from families who can pay $60k cash a year are the most academically qualified either.

Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures... do you think everyone that attends an Ivy League school makes the cut? Providing financial aid for every student doesn’t help the bottom line.

Retention is one of the bigger factors in helping the bottom line and providing a stable operating budget. Just like in business, keeping the students we have through graduation is a lot more productive than finding a couple new ones.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Raid the endowment for full rides? Doubtful. Rice's endowment is 5x ours. Will be interesting to see if if can be maintained with donors as intended.

But the actual average amount TU students are actually paying is considerably less than the listed price tag. And summer school is free if you're behind 30 hours after freshman year or 60 hours sophomore year.

The strategic plan (and Dr. Clancy) is very aggressive in increasing funds for financial aid.
The biggest problem I had coming out not too long ago was that I came in just being able to pay for everything when combining federal loans, scholarships, work study, and my parent helping all she could... then the University proceeded to raise tuition thousands of dollars every year and it put a HUGE strain on myself and my family and it actually hurt my academics as the money I would have had to go to books, housing, etc... was now having to go to tuition. TU should seriously look at locking students into the rates that they matriculate at. That would be a huge selling point.

Also, when did this summer school policy start? Wasn't there in 2014.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT