ADVERTISEMENT

Reducing welfare abuse

get rid of 'bogus' business deductions: Stadium boxes, Golf club memberships, Tickets to ball games, Tickets to shows, free lunches, . . .

Congress could reduce their office staffs.
The President's family could take fewer vacations at Taxpayers expense.

If the govt gets too involved in the economy, these kinds of "abuses" as you say, become prevelent. So the only way to remedy the problem is to keep the govt completely out of businesses business. Limited govt once again is the solution. For instance exempting some businesses or all businesses from the law (like Obamacare) or giving subsidies/tax breaks/grants to windfarms over pipelines. You see, we never get it both ways. The only way to correct the problem is true fiscal responsibility.

And think of it this way. If govt can print more money out of hand, then they can subsidize whomever they want for however much they want (unions for instance). How about cutting out NPR and PBS for a start. They don't contribute much and "suck" a lot out of the system.
flush.r191677.gif

IMO

there should be a reduction in a person's welfare and food stamp allotment bsed on the percentage his body is covered with tattoos and piercings.

if someonehas money for tattoos he doesn't need government money.

Does anybody know what percentage of NPR and PBS budgets are subsidized by the Government?

I occasionally enjoy them both. And while I'm not a big fan of Government Subsidized Entertainment...... at least everyone is allowed to access them. Unlike Free Cell Phones and Food Stamps.

NPR: 2% of their budget...none of it direct. PBS gets more: 15% (@$450M). Compare to $80 Billion to 10 Too Big to Fail banks alone. See article in first post.
Funding[edit]
In 2010, NPR revenues totaled $180 million, with the bulk of revenues coming from programming fees, [18]"[/B]

This post was edited on 8/1 3:50 PM by WATU2

NPR and PBS aren't the problems. A tax code containing thousands of pages written to suit the rich and their lawyers full of tax shelters, havens etc.. A system where almost half of all households are on some type of federal assistance. A system which rewards welfare more than work. A system where those who make the laws of the land are able to exempt themselves from those very laws. Yet, we continue to vote for these very same people to be our voice.

Do you expect it to get any better with the recent SCOTUS ruling that "money = free speech" or that "corporations are people".

As long a deep pockets control elections and politicians why expect things to get better?

Corporations, PACs, Unions, etc...all contribute to the problem IMO. Big money = influence

The thousand cuts argument. NPR and PBS are just examples of thousands of entities that the govt could just say they aren't going to subsidize anymore. Anything that can be privatized, should IMO. Make Big Bird profitable for a change its a win, win for him and the taxpayer.

IMO

More people have gone on Government assistance due to BHO lack of "leadership" than any other pres in history:

This post was edited on 8/2 9:31 PM by aTUfan

I recently saw a report that people on welfare receive money on a debit card each month.. A local tv station did an audit of ehere the debit cards were used; Bars, Liquar stores, Strip joints, . . .

If this is what the 43% needs to servive, they can do it without my tax money.

Welcome to Obama's needy.

I think the reason the receive the money on a Debit Card is that they do not have a bank account to receive a direct deposit. I belive it is also this way for people on Social Security.

I am curious, though. When trackiing the Welfare money, did that include people on Disability? Which is really the New Welfare.

They should just get a store credit. like the lunch ticket you get in elementry school, because you are not capable of spending your lunch money correctly.

People on welfare have no concept on how to Correctly spend their free government money.

They just get some money creditedto their debit card and it starts to burn a hole in their pocket.

They dont know how to Prioritize their spending, budget their money, and buy only necessaery items,

------ GIVING money to poor people does not make them UNPOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post was edited on 10/18 12:14 AM by aTUfan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT