ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Large group of official visitors this weekend (1-25-19)

I understand that obviously lol. I don’t see any way Monty can turn this around. Hard to fathom.

Give Monty an NFL type of QB and we can/will win. Hoping he gets lucky with the Baylor transfer. The most disappointing aspect of Monty's job performance has been his QB and WR recruiting imo. Those were two areas I thought he would kill it.

Give Monty an NFL type of QB and we can/will win. Hoping he gets lucky with the Baylor transfer. The most disappointing aspect of Monty's job performance has been his QB and WR recruiting imo. Those were two areas I thought he would kill it.

Best case scenario is that Zach Smith kills it this year and then Monty gets hired away.

Seems like most of our commits only had FCS offers. What is going on?
Only 4 of Tulsa's current commitments have no other FBS offers. The rest have other FBS offers, and most have multiple FBS offers. Three have P5 offers, but unfortunately, it looks like TU is going to have a hard time hanging on to Thomas Grayson.

The QB position has been the rise and fall of TU football. The days of a game manager is over. Tulsa was caught with three inexperienced QB after Evan graduated. This time Monty has experienced QB with experience WR and RB. We have some good QB on the roster with game experience so the next 4 year's will be positive.

I don’t know about experienced receivers. Our receivers are a weak spot on the team outside of Keylon Stokes. Everyone else struggled to get open and dropped a lot of balls. I think Smith will be the real deal, however, his receivers besides Stokes will hinder him.

Rjjackson4 (who,BTW,was a pretty salty RB, hisself) is right about experienced QB's. Whoever the starter is & his back-up will have experience. This gives me some small comfort.

I don’t know about experienced receivers. Our receivers are a weak spot on the team outside of Keylon Stokes. Everyone else struggled to get open and dropped a lot of balls. I think Smith will be the real deal, however, his receivers besides Stokes will hinder him.
Keenen Johnson is still figuring it out but he’s done some really good things. He’s fantastic at finding the open pocket in a zone after finishing his original route. He has to get better at slowing down and then using his body to shield the defender when he’s going deep for a ball.

I have to disagree. We had an inexperienced QB who waited till our WR were wide open before releasing the ball. You couple that with young WR then your have problems moving the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT