ADVERTISEMENT

Rebuilding or reloading?

I believe President will win the starting job! I feel like in Monty's offense he just adds another addition to our already dangerous offense..

Didn't Monty recruit him at Baylor?
Yes, but speculation is Baylor wanted him to play WR. Their goal was always Stidham.

We've discussed the QB a lot. Problem is no one has seen either Rubley or President or Skipper in enough reps to have any idea if they can pass the ball well enough to keep defenses from loading the box against us. In year 1, defenses loaded the box and Dane was able to throw for a ton of yards. Year 2 our OL matured and became one of the top OL units in the nation and we were able to run the ball down peoples throats, loaded box or not. People weren't willing to load the box as much because they knew Dane was capable and we had capable receivers, especially after Johnson was inserted into the lineup as the 4th WR. On top of that they can't key on the run when Minter is in the game anymore. Minter has proven himself as a worthy pass catcher in his limited attempts. You won't see safeties creeping up on the line trying to stuff the run when Minter is in next year. Honestly, Monty's offense keeps adding layers to it. It's almost as if he is pointing things to year #4 when he has an athletic, pass capable QB, RBs, and OL, and a tough physical TE/H-back who can add an additional pass catching dimension. Baylor year 4 was when things really clicked. RGIII won the Heisman that year. Rebuild and reteach the QBs in year 5. Years 6-7 were 11-2 seasons. Start looking at stats those years and the ball was thrown a bit more than we did this year, but it was pretty balanced but didn't split the yards up like we did this year. With the right QB, next year might be better than any of those Baylor years in terms of yards, points, and efficiency.

Nobody seems to be addressing the elefant in the room.

QB?
That's because no one knows what to make of it. When Monty came in and focused solely on retooling Dane's mechanics and running of the offense we exploded. It's possible for him to do it again and the most apt candidate seems like President since he's the most athletic, but it's not a sure thing since President has already been in the system two years and has shown a brilliant running ability but mediocre throws (at best). It's going to be a battle for the QB position, but whoever it ends up being, we know they'll have one of the best QB coaches in college football to guide them.

Returning QBs are President, Rubley, Skipper, Gottsch & Hefley. Who's it going to be?

I wonder if President can be like ECU's Qb from last yr convert to a RB?? He has the size.. plus I know our RB is deep

Rubley at QB with Skipper at backup.

President to WR like Drew Pearson.

Hurricane Monty's offense is going to come out and leave destruction in it's path. It will not be a pretty picture to see what the defenses look like after the tail winds have subsided!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Rubley at QB with Skipper at backup.

President to WR like Drew Pearson.
I really would love it if Rubley won the job next year before Skipper takes over in 2018, but either way will be good.

You serious, tell me you are joking? If so that's too bad, thought he would want finish his degree at TU. Where did you hear that?
He has his degree in Business from TU. He was one of two players that had their graduation ceremony at the Miami Beach Bowl -- at considerable expense to the university in terms of transporting the academic regalia for the faculty and administration in attendance, the renting of space, the extra costs to get the band over there to play Pomp and Circumstance, as well as print up custom programs that look just like the ones they hand out every year at commencement. It was one of the coolest things TU has ever done.

That said, there is nothing on twitter from any of the players I follow, including Dane Evans. I have a hard time believing that Rubley would transfer without one of them sending out a good luck tweet. On the other hand, with the degree he would be immediately eligible. I just don't see TJ allowing that. He waited behind Dane all this time. If he was going, he would be gone.

In other news, Leigh Steinberg has been hired by Dane as his agent. Leigh is a legend and the inspiration for the movie Jerry McGuire. For those of you who remember Jeb Blount, Steinberg got him a gig with the Raiders. Lets hope the most influential agent in the history of the NFL, particularly for QBs, can find a place for Dane.

He has his degree in Business from TU. He was one of two players that had their graduation ceremony at the Miami Beach Bowl -- at considerable expense to the university in terms of transporting the academic regalia for the faculty and administration in attendance, the renting of space, the extra costs to get the band over there to play Pomp and Circumstance, as well as print up custom programs that look just like the ones they hand out every year at commencement. It was one of the coolest things TU has ever done.

That said, there is nothing on twitter from any of the players I follow, including Dane Evans. I have a hard time believing that Rubley would transfer without one of them sending out a good luck tweet. On the other hand, with the degree he would be immediately eligible. I just don't see TJ allowing that. He waited behind Dane all this time. If he was going, he would be gone.

In other news, Leigh Steinberg has been hired by Dane as his agent. Leigh is a legend and the inspiration for the movie Jerry McGuire. For those of you who remember Jeb Blount, Steinberg got him a gig with the Raiders. Lets hope the most influential agent in the history of the NFL, particularly for QBs, can find a place for Dane.
My brain just flatulated, I knew he graduated, just forgot for a millisecond. I can't see him leaving, but if thats what he wants then I wish him all the luck in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT