ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference

I just saw where Barry Odom is going to be the highest paid coach in the Mountain West at UNLV...and we wonder why they've had ONE winning seasons in the past decade +...yikes.

Just looking at some highlights from tOSU from this season... in ONE game, there were 3 different QB sets (shotgun, pistol, and under center). That's more than we've had at any point in the last 12 years.

Yeah, I want to know if we are going to go with a 3-3-5, or have a more traditional defense. I think the 3-3-5 works better for us.
They can play a 5-2 for all I care as long as they can stop teams. Defenses are so dependent on what the offense does, it doesn’t matter what the base is.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Week 1 during next season. We dont know how this will look. We dont know how he is going to change it. I am glad we have someone other than Monty. I like this guy. I even like Monty. Its just I didnt like how monty coached the team. We wont find out how he does until week 1.
I will wait until the middle of year four like I did with Monty. I don't need to like the coach, I don't need to like the style of football. Just win... alot

Yeah, I want to know if we are going to go with a 3-3-5, or have a more traditional defense. I think the 3-3-5 works better for us.
Once you are built for the 3-3-5 it takes a couple years to get the players that make the transition successful. It’s easier (one-ish seasons) to transition from the 4-3 or 3-4 to the 3-3. This is one of the growing pains that OU had this year on defense.

The issue is finding someone at a level that would come to TU who is “fluent” with the 3-3.

And if someone says “bring Graham back to run the 3-3” a mod needs to put them in a timeout. 😁

Once you are built for the 3-3-5 it takes a couple years to get the players that make the transition successful. It’s easier (one-ish seasons) to transition from the 4-3 or 3-4 to the 3-3. This is one of the growing pains that OU had this year on defense.

The issue is finding someone at a level that would come to TU who is “fluent” with the 3-3.

And if someone says “bring Graham back to run the 3-3” a mod needs to put them in a timeout. 😁
Nah it’s easy to switch between a 3-3-5 and others in one year. The hard part is switching between the type of coverages on the backend. Learning different zone drops and where to be is hard if a team was more of a cover 0 and cover 1 team before. And it’s same the other way around.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Nah it’s easy to switch between a 3-3-5 and others in one year. The hard part is switching between the type of coverages on the backend. Learning different zone drops and where to be is hard if a team was more of a cover 0 and cover 1 team before. And it’s same the other way around.
This. You need a very special free and somebody somewhere on the roster capable of playing the hybrid/nickel safety position at a high level. Fast enough to drop and play man, physical enough to defeat blocks of Hbacks and linemen.

Reactions: 918Golden
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT