ADVERTISEMENT

Premier league down to the wire

BTW, OKC is not a major professional sports town just like Tulsa isn't. The Thunder won't stick around much longer IMO as the owners can't make enough money off of ad sales there. Sure both towns can support teams for a couple of years and make it look good, but long term, just not there...too many fair weather fans.

I don’t know anything about soccer, but if professional sports can be successful in places like Buffalo, Green Bay and Raleigh they can be successful in Oklahoma.

I know little about professional soccer in the US. But looking it up articles suggest the top USL players make more money given their skill level than possible in MLS as a practical matter. Also very few players move up. Apparently it has something to do with the foreign player limit in MLS. Apparently the recently departed FC Tulsa player Rodrigo Da Costa made really good money for a second division player and the top USL players can make up to a half million?

Leeds looked terrible the last couple months.
Leeds' issue is they are just terrible in the back. Adams helped that and made them way better but with him out the last 2 months or so and then playing McKennie out of position, they really struggled to create a consistent attack and stop people from scoring. The moments after Everton secured their spot in EPL for next year and still being one of a handful of teams worldwide to never not be in their domestic football structure's top flight league, my wife was wondering why the fans in Leicester seemed distraught and crying. To steal from Dani Rojas (Ted Lasso) "Futbol is life".

Leeds' issue is they are just terrible in the back. Adams helped that and made them way better but with him out the last 2 months or so and then playing McKennie out of position, they really struggled to create a consistent attack and stop people from scoring. The moments after Everton secured their spot in EPL for next year and still being one of a handful of teams worldwide to never not be in their domestic football structure's top flight league, my wife was wondering why the fans in Leicester seemed distraught and crying. To steal from Dani Rojas (Ted Lasso) "Futbol is life".
Adams getting hurt didn’t help but wasn’t the problem. They would have gone down regardless and deserve it. No scoring and they spent big on players that didn’t really fit what they were trying to do, Aaronson included. It will be interesting if he gets any interest from a first division club since he has termination clause.

Adams getting hurt didn’t help but wasn’t the problem. They would have gone down regardless and deserve it. No scoring and they spent big on players that didn’t really fit what they were trying to do, Aaronson included. It will be interesting if he gets any interest from a first division club since he has termination clause.
Adams should actually get a lot of interest from top half teams in the top 5 Euro leagues. His performance at Leeds was praised (and rightfully so) up until his injury as was his play at the World Cup. I think McKennie has 1 more shot at top level soccer in Europe. He's supremely talented but must be in the right situation with the right players around him in order to excel. Aaronson...I'm not sure where he fits. I think Leeds wanted him to be a Raheem Sterling or Gabriel Jesus type but Aaronson actually tries to track back and play defense and with the phrenetic press up top, he actually loses a lot of effectiveness after 45 minutes or so. Does Everton make a push to retool and could we see someone like McKennie end up there as that lineup lacks some of the grit and toughness and edginess McKennie brings.

Hot take: England's top 3 keepers are all trash and why their respective club teams struggled. Ramsdale, Pickford and Pope. I've watched all 3 this year and game after game they just make brutal decisions that put their teams in some pretty harrowing situations. And their shot stopping is not necessarily better than their backups.

I don’t know anything about soccer, but if professional sports can be successful in places like Buffalo, Green Bay and Raleigh they can be successful in Oklahoma.
Tulsa could support MLS. There’s a lot of soccer fans in this city

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT