ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-season Tourny...???

TU Sepp

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Feb 8, 2004
If there ever was a Tulsa team that needed a pre-season tourny to get fready for the regular season it is this team. With all the new additions this team will need all the extra practice and game day preparation to get ready for the season opener!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
If there ever was a Tulsa team that needed a pre-season tourny to get fready for the regular season it is this team. With all the new additions this team will need all the extra practice and game day preparation to get ready for the season opener!
You make a good point but we can only go once every four years outside the U.S. and I think it may be even better to use next year for this. A good question to ask Konkol.

I am no expert and I do realize that this would be a Konkol / Dickson decision.

I think that’s a good idea. If we’re limited by the rules II pointed out, we should at least schedule a weak early schedule with 3 or 4 home games to start the season.

Reactions: I.I.
Well last season we had no exhibition games at all and we usually play 2 of them. We were also short one game on the regular season.

I am no expert and I do realize that this would be a Konkol / Dickson decision.
Gragg would never approve it in the past and Dickson sometimes thinks every non revenue sport deserves the same opportunity which is foolish.

Gragg would never approve it in the past and Dickson sometimes thinks every non revenue sport deserves the same opportunity which is foolish.
We really need this to jump-start the program. Think of it as a one time expense. Who knows a similar circumstance could arise for another sport in the future but that would be handled by exception as well.

We did one under Manning (I believe they went up to Canada) and it turned out well. Always thought Haith should have lobbied for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT