ADVERTISEMENT

šŸ“ Larry Lewis Position Breakdown - TU Cornerbacks

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
With Tyon Davis returning to lead the cornerbacks, and with the other returnees and promising newcomers, TU should be strong at cornerback. Itā€™s definitely a position to watch for the Golden Hurricane in 2022.

Reactions: TUMU
I really like Tyon Davis, but only in the last half of the season. Here's Monty: "I thought early in the season, Tyon did some good things, but I thought as the season progressed, he just continued to gain more confidence, continued to make more plays".

The coach was too kind to say his play really sucked early. For the early season of the last 2 years, he has gotten beat off the line, smoked by a WR, stumbled at the snap, missed tackles and generally couldn't cover a bed with a blanket. Anyone with eyes has wondered why our opponents didn't throw to his side on every passing play.

On the other hand, he has come on strong the last half of recent seasons & became one of our best cover corners. One can only hope that he starts fast this year & only gets better for 12+ games.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I really like Tyon Davis, but only in the last half of the season. Here's Monty: "I thought early in the season, Tyon did some good things, but I thought as the season progressed, he just continued to gain more confidence, continued to make more plays".

The coach was too kind to say his play really sucked early. For the early season of the last 2 years, he has gotten beat off the line, smoked by a WR, stumbled at the snap, missed tackles and generally couldn't cover a bed with a blanket. Anyone with eyes has wondered why our opponents didn't throw to his side on every passing play.

On the other hand, he has come on strong the last half of recent seasons & became one of our best cover corners. One can only hope that he starts fast this year & only gets better for 12+ games.
Sounds like a conditioning and maturity issue.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT