ADVERTISEMENT

Poll on the over/under for rushing yards this week

TULOYAL

I.T.S. Sophomore
Aug 13, 2010
Tulsa averages 253 rushing yards per game
Navy averages 300 rushing yards per game

I set the over/under at 550. I'm taking over.

Navy will have problems with our balanced attach and create some big holes for Brewer and Flanders

If Navy sells out against the run, Dane throws it all over the yard. He could go for 400 passing this week. Tulsa is #3 rushing team in the nation since Oct. 1. I think part of that has to do with more mature play calling by Monty. I have seen TU throw the ball a lot more on 1st and 2nd downs the last few weeks than previously. It used to be run, run, throw almost a weekly script. He has done a really good job of keeping teams off balance the last few weeks.

Under. Our defense will stop them. We will be able to throw on them.

If Navy sells out against the run, Dane throws it all over the yard. He could go for 400 passing this week. Tulsa is #3 rushing team in the nation since Oct. 1. I think part of that has to do with more mature play calling by Monty. I have seen TU throw the ball a lot more on 1st and 2nd downs the last few weeks than previously. It used to be run, run, throw almost a weekly script. He has done a really good job of keeping teams off balance the last few weeks.
So what's your take.... combined rushing over/under 550?

So what's your take.... combined rushing over/under 550?
Under. I like TUs DL to keep control of Navy's rushing attack. Smith and Brubaker's athleticism on the edges will make it really difficult for Navy on the edges. Carman and Uwozake (sp?) have been really good in the middle. Give Martin, Suits, and Linscott a chance to make plays.

As I said I like Dane to throw it this weekend against Navy's secondary.

I hope you are right about TU controlling Navy's rushing. Also, Shindelar could have a special game here if he can get in space and pursue down the line. I think Navy gets their 300 but I also think we rack up at least 250 with the help of a few 30+ yard runs. The passing game should open that up for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT