ADVERTISEMENT

Photo of interference in the end zone

I thought that was definitely PI, and later in the game before we went on 4th down, the 3rd down play to Atkinson where the DB goes through Atkinson's back to get to the ball to knock it away.

Reactions: TU 1978
There were at least two blatant pass interference calls that they ignored.

There were three or four plays that could have been interference. Their DB's were hooking our WR's all day. But the one in the endzone was just offensive it helped cost us the game. We outplayed Navy today.

Sometimes refs do determine the outcome of a game by their calls and no calls. This crew should be suspended for the rest of the year.

Reactions: TU 1978
There were three or four plays that could have been interference. Their DB's were hooking our WR's all day. But the one in the endzone was just offensive it helped cost us the game. We outplayed Navy today.

There were a couple of big pass plays for them where they pushed off and again, no flag. The first one of those was really bad.

Annapolis is the new Fayetteville.

Bumped for the Navy fans that are arguing about whether the strip occurred before the whistle or arms waving (by the way the strip occurred before). This interference call needs no whistle or interpretation. The referee is looking right at the play and clearly the Navy defender is tackling the receiver well before the ball arrives and the defender never looked back for the ball. This play was a momentum changer.

Yes there are always bad calls on both sides during a game and this one had both as well. I think most of us are just frustrated that the level of officiating in the AAC is not much better than in C-USA. The potential (because know one knows what would have happened afterward) for us to win two games (Houston 13 men on the field on next to last play and the possible turnover at Navy) did not occur because of officiating and replay (or in UH game lack thereof).

The PI fired me up. Another one I haven't seen mentioned. The 3rd and 9 right before the last play with the fumble....the guy was pushed out of bounds. Clearly. No momentum stop or anything but the ref right on the sidelines did not stop the clock. He wound it like he never went out. so Navy let the clock run down and took a timeout. Why wasn't the clock stopped? He was clearly shoved out of bounds. That was so blatant it makes me mad this morning still. Not that it ended up mattering much but plays like that really make me wonder about some things.

The PI fired me up. Another one I haven't seen mentioned. The 3rd and 9 right before the last play with the fumble....the guy was pushed out of bounds. Clearly. No momentum stop or anything but the ref right on the sidelines did not stop the clock. He wound it like he never went out. so Navy let the clock run down and took a timeout. Why wasn't the clock stopped? He was clearly shoved out of bounds. That was so blatant it makes me mad this morning still. Not that it ended up mattering much but plays like that really make me wonder about some things.
I yelled throughout the game about the sideline refs. Terrible spots over and over. First downs were called often when I thought they were a yard or more short going out of bounds.

You're right. Your team was clearly superior in every way and deserved to win by four touchdowns. Fortunately we only hire refs who have a strong bias against civilians. We count on them to screw our opponents and help us win. That's why we've won i5 games in a row at home.....the longest streak in FBS FB.:p

Reactions: NavyPhan
You're right. Your team was clearly superior in every way and deserved to win by four touchdowns. Fortunately we only hire refs who have a strong bias against civilians. We count on them to screw our opponents and help us win. That's why we've won i5 games in a row at home.....the longest streak in FBS FB.:p

Glad you could take the time to come over and post this. You've made a huge difference.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Two evenly matched teams. The end zone interception was a no call pass interference, however 2 field goals instead of TDs really hurt. Our defense played poorly on wide option runs and the secondary killed us on 3rd & 9 and 3rd &16 plays. Good luck to both of us in the bowl games. Tulsa can still get 10 wins if we run the table (bowl game included).

Two evenly matched teams. The end zone interception was a no call pass interference, however 2 field goals instead of TDs really hurt. Our defense played poorly on wide option runs and the secondary killed us on 3rd & 9 and 3rd &16 plays. Good luck to both of us in the bowl games. Tulsa can still get 10 wins if we run the table (bowl game included).
I'm cheering for Navy to lose their last two games because we still have a chance at the championship.

Won't happen unless UH losses as well. They hold the tie breaker if we both have two losses. Navy does as well and also in the three way tie breaker. Unless they both fall apart, which wouldn't be good for the conference, we won't be in the Championship Game.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Now a Navy post where we can all agree!

Now a Navy post where we can all agree!
Good luck the rest of the way...just know that we consider ECU to be a strong high school program and have had to struggle to keep from scoring 90 points in Greenville recently. Navy will not lose to both remaining AAC opponents and will probably host the Conference championship. Great game....see you in Tulsa next year with another currently unknown QB.

Clearly a fumble and not one Navy fan coming over here will admit it.

Classy

Good luck the rest of the way...just know that we consider ECU to be a strong high school program and have had to struggle to keep from scoring 90 points in Greenville recently. Navy will not lose to both remaining AAC opponents and will probably host the Conference championship. Great game....see you in Tulsa next year with another currently unknown QB.
Sti...? I mean. Yeah. Unknown.

Won't happen unless UH losses as well. They hold the tie breaker if we both have two losses. Navy does as well and also in the three way tie breaker. Unless they both fall apart, which wouldn't be good for the conference, we won't be in the Championship Game.
GO. MEMPHIS.

Clearly a fumble and not one Navy fan coming over here will admit it.

Classy
I admit it was a fumble. But was it after stoppage of forward progress had been SEEN by the official, before said official blew his whistle indicating end of play? That is what was discussed by the zebras. I would feel exactly as you guys do. Could easily have gone your way and I would not have bitched.

Whether it was a fumble or not before stoppage of play doesnt even matter...even though it clearly was. Whistle blew well after our guy was running away. Fact is he was stopped short of the line regardless. So they screwed up twice in one replay review. Might as well go back to the days where there is no reviews if you just get it wrong anyway. At least that way you dont look as incompetent

Point of clarification...

I don't think any TU fans have an issue with Navy. In fact, I think we are thrilled to have the Middies in the AAC.

Our extreme (and justified) frustration is related to the two enormous missed calls near the end of the game.

Navy is a monster on offense...no doubt.

Reactions: RealTUTypical
Point of clarification...

I don't think any TU fans have an issue with Navy. In fact, I think we are thrilled to have the Middies in the AAC.

Our extreme (and justified) frustration is related to the two enormous missed calls near the end of the game.

Navy is a monster on offense...no doubt.
If I had to pick any team to steal a game from us because of incompetent or biased referees, Navy would be high on the list.

You do realize that this is actually more evidence for the argument that Navy is the beneficiary of more calls at home than others?

Navy fans can give you a long litany of critical calls that have gone against us over the years at home. We joke about it. When we sucked - which we did badly for a long time - we almost always lost at home. Now we're pretty good. Our kids think NMCMS is a special place. They play better in front of the Brigade. Did you happen to notice the crowd last Saturday ? We're tough to beat at home for a lot of reasons. The zebras aren't one of them .

They were in this case.

It just happened the refs made a couple of crucial, bad calls.

I do not think it is a conspiracy, or intentional. Just incompetent. Incompetence can be accentuated by a home crowd sometimes.

Just unfortunate, especially since it happened against Houston too in an even more obvious way.

I hope Navy drops the next two and Houston drops one so that we can have a shot at the championship. Have to hope for the best outcome for my team.

The game was fixed. Both sides should just admit it. It's becoming the new norm in college football. Too much money is left on the table if a national program like Navy loses to a regional program like Tulsa. Plain and simple.

Tulsa doesn't improve their bowl chances whether they win or lose and Navy is locked in to theirs. That bowl loses money if Navy shows up 6-6 or whatever.

It's pure economics folks. It was fixed. F-I-X-E-D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT