ADVERTISEMENT

Peace out Promenade

Won't affect me, the only place I go there is Dillards. From what I understand Dillards is staying open.

Not given much notice though. That puts them in a bad situation since you know most of the mall workers live paycheck to paycheck.

Won't affect me, the only place I go there is Dillards. From what I understand Dillards is staying open.

Not given much notice though. That puts them in a bad situation since you know most of the mall workers live paycheck to paycheck.
For now. I’m not sure what’s worse, a moribund mall with anchor stores that are still operating or one where the mall still has smaller stores and the major tenants are closed and empty. The land could probably be better used for other developments.

With the big anchor spaces all being used I doubt a demolition is realistic.

OT - when I hear mall walkers I remember the story a coworker told me. His father owned several Wendy‘s franchise stores located in enclosed malls. His Dad hated mall walkers. At the time Wendy’s required all stores to have a salad bar. His Dad had to put extra staff on to watch the salad bar because mall walkers would gradually pass into his stores on the lap by and help themselves to various items like carrot slices, crackers, etc…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT