ADVERTISEMENT

Our Mascot...

tufan56

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
This probably beating a dead horse but.... I REALLY do not like him. I hang my head in shame every time he rides out on the field on that golf cart thing. Just saying... I had to get that out. I understand if I get verbally thrashed for bringing up a painful subject.

11195427_BG3.jpg

^^ I miss him so much!!

Our mascot, not GJ (yet...)
This post was edited on 11/4 1:47 PM by tufan56

Maybe we should try to promote him on the "Tonight Show" when Leno has one of his "Iron Jay" segments!!!

Originally posted by tufan56:
This probably beating a dead horse but.... I REALLY do not like him. I hang my head in shame every time he rides out on the field on that golf cart thing. Just saying... I had to get that out. I understand if I get verbally thrashed for bringing up a painful subject.

We have talked about this ever since the change, and I have made my feelings on the subject pretty clear. However, even though the suit is bad, this is the first year that I can remember since I graduated where the guy in the suit is showing some emotion and doing a pretty good job of trying to participate in the game day entertainment.

Originally posted by Captain Cane:
Originally posted by tufan56:

We have talked about this ever since the change, and I have made my feelings on the subject pretty clear. However, even though the suit is bad, this is the first year that I can remember since I graduated where the guy in the suit is showing some emotion and doing a pretty good job of trying to participate in the game day entertainment.

I'm not bashing the guy in the suit, just the suit itself. Props to any guy that has the guts to go out and jump around in a Mascot costume. Especially one as terrible looking as ours is now...

The tree is much better than the new Captain Cane IMO. The old one we could just dismiss it as camp (like the tree or Keggy the Keg), because that thing was so incredibly, amazingly bad.

This one we can't go "don't you guys get it!??!" it is just clearly the efforts of an inept PR firm. I hate the new Captain Cane so much.

Just restating what was already said, but the old captain cane was kitschy, the new one is just stupid. Kitsch is the way to go when your mascot, on many levels, doesn't make sense and could easily be made fun of.

...from now on, barrister wil be referred to as scatophilia-man crothers.

Originally posted by 2PoorTUFans:

Originally posted by barrister1602:
Very jealous of that tree ... very.

Barrister down with coprophagy, eh? You kinky bastard.
All i can say is ... Oh my dear lord ... do NOT google that word at work!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT