ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Game on a Thursday Night?

tufan56

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
http://newsok.com/osu-tulsa-game-expected-to-be-moved-to-thursday-night-aug.-31/article/5543481

latest

I can assure you that moving the first game of the season to a Thursday night was not OSU's choice. Attendance will suffer as will the local merchants.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
W/ OSU playing 2 straight road games after the TU game, u'd figure Gumby would like the xtra days off 4 preparation 4 starting that road trip.

On the plus side, not much high school f-ball 2 compete against outsde all city tourney & then game 2 B nat'lly televised

Thursday.. schmursday.. still not buying a ticket to sit in their renovated outhouse and deal with their inbred fans....

I'll watch it on TV...

If not then Bruce on the radio will work just fine!

I'm not surprised at this. OSU/Holder schedules games to win them, but our AD just sees dollar signs and thats it. They (OSU) will stick it to us every chance they get. Just like Arkansas. Our problem right now is in the AD's office with scheduling. This will keep happening, unfortunately. We had a great opportunity after last year that may be lost now. IMO

This is a Big XII/TV thing. No benefit for OSU/Stillwater at all.

In all honesty, for a non-home game I love it as a fan. Thirsty Thursday crashing the OSU watch party location. Feels like the holiday weekend starts early and then our W is out of the way and I can enjoy the full slate Saturday.

This is a Big XII/TV thing. No benefit for OSU/Stillwater at all.

In all honesty, for a non-home game I love it as a fan. Thirsty Thursday crashing the OSU watch party location. Feels like the holiday weekend starts early and then our W is out of the way and I can enjoy the full slate Saturday.
I don't think OSU really wants this. They just have to go with it because TV rules all.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
If they're going to do this, this game is the best for it to happen. You miss out on one extra day of preparation, but this being the 1st game, you can begin prepping and installing the game plan August 1st. Gives us an extra two days of prep/rest/recovery before game 2 as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT