ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss' Quarterback wishes

TCU is a victim of politics, probably best team in the country currently.

Ohio State getting in over TCU made clear what we all know - te playoff committee is all a out picking the 4 programs that will generate the largest TV audience and most monetization. I thought it might take a few years for a truly stark and egregious case to show up but it didn't - it happened in year 1. The playoff was never intended to be about the 4 best teams and its not.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

There is no way 4 teams create a champion in football. If there is going to be a playoff there has to be at least 8 teams most years. Ohio State deserved to go after playing very well the 2nd half of the year. Florida State is the team that sneaked in but how do you not put them in when the go undefeated. TCU was a victim of only 4 teams.

I'm trying to think if I have ever before seen a pass thrown by a quarterback in his end zone intercepted in his end zone resulting [of course] in a touchdown the instant it was caught..

ESPN has ruined college football.

Remember, you can't spell PENiS without ESPN.

I honestly thought that they would try to reward TCU with a spot to try and kick UT in the nuts for the LHN.

The news media can say what they want, but its still going to be a "mythical" National Championship if they just cater to a few "selected" teams. Look at how far the SEC has sunk recently. According to ESPN, they are the big boys. No more.

Its all just hype.

Anyone else catch the number of empties in the Orange Bowl last night? That may be the result of the so called "playoff".

Originally posted by rabidTU:

The news media can say what they want, but its still going to be a "mythical" National Championship if they just cater to a few "selected" teams. Look at how far the SEC has sunk recently. According to ESPN, they are the big boys. No more.

Its all just hype.

Anyone else catch the number of empties in the Orange Bowl last night? That may be the result of the so called "playoff".
Exactly. Everyone mistakes the SECs mediocrity this year for excellence and parity. Truth is the top teams in the SEC are not as good as say 4 years ago when I considered LSU and Bama the top 2 teams in the country. Bama is not as good and the rest of the SEC has fallen off much more dramatically (example, Clemson clobbering So Carolina). I said it after they hammered OU, TCU is the best team in the country and most balanced, IMO. Outside of a fluke 7 minutes at Baylor (and if you haven't noticed, Baylor doesn't exactly suck), TCU has played at a pretty high level, even with the target on their chest. Shame they got left out.

Mediocrity can be used to describe the B1G as well. Ohio St is good but they demolished an avg. Wisconsin team.

Closest I have ever seen was the '83 Super Bowl when Theismann threw a pick to the Raiders Pickel on a screen pass at about the 3 or 4 yd line. The avalanche started after that.

With Boykin returning next season, and it appears the offensive play callers will be returning too, TCU could be top 5 preseason, and the Big 12 favorite.

The Frogs open next season at Minn, but still have an FCS on their schedule. It would really help TCU if they could buyout the SFA game and add another P5 game.

TX

Doesn't have to even be a P5 game. A game against any FBS opponent works. Playing UNT or UTEP works. Lots of low level FBS teams in TX to choose from. Write off as local games.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Ohio State deserved to be in the top 4. No way TCU was better than OSU.

Tcu beat MINN. Soundly. Osu barley survived.

Tcu played in a tougher conference.

Osu lo see t to a very bad team that barely qualified for a bowl
tcu lost to a top ten team.

Originally posted by GoldandBlew:

That's just delusional thinking.

I suppose you think Floriduh Stste belonged there also.

Originally posted by TU 1978:

Originally posted by GoldandBlew:

That's just delusional thinking.

I suppose you think Floriduh Stste belonged there also.
I don't like FSU or think they are that great, but it would be hard not to take the only undefeated team. Undefeated and in the least of the P5. It appears that that they will no longer been undefeated before this day is over.

QUESTION....

Let's go on the premise that OSU got into the final 4 because of bias instead of deserve-ability

Next what happens if OSU beats Alabama...

Does this mean that the SEC has been overrated all year long and that Bama got in because of SEC bias?

Considering that Old Miss, Miss St., and Auburn have all lost their bowls game and that the Georgia win over Louisville is the only decent bowl victory for the SEC thus far, the question concerning the SEC being overrated as a conference is legitimate.

He was out talented. The talent drop off at Bama is glaring.

Sims is a good ball player but he is no first tier QB.

If Saban doesn't recruit a drop back QB with field savvy, it will be a long offseason for the tide.

Th Big 12's "One True Champion" campaign is probably what kept TCU/Baylor out of the final 4. If you have 2 champs, you have no champ. The selection committee's job was pretty easy this year.

Big 12 needs to go back to 12 teams.

Originally posted by Tulsa Bigdog:

Big 12 needs to go back to 12 teams.
Oklahoma and Texas need to bolt to the SEC before it's too late....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT