ADVERTISEMENT

Oh Happy Day!

quincy101

I.T.S. Position Coach
Nov 4, 2007
Tis official, Burrhalter is fired, sacked, pink slipped, history, etc... I've ragged on this ill-legitamit, classless, unprofessional clown since he was hired nearly 6 years ago & it feels good, real good. I'm a little worried about who replaces him since Bla mentioned Cherundelo, but for now, it's time to celebrate.

The names I've seen mentioned and odds that go with them don't make me hopeful. Cherundolo of course leads the way in those odds and next highest is the Columbus coach, Wilifred Nancy. We need to look outside of MLS. The MLS game is a generation behind Europe and South America in terms of tactics and style and much of that is based on the talent level available (or not available). This is why I like Klopp. I also like Patrick Vieira (Crystal Palace) for that reason plus he's had to manage a lot of egos there and he also seems to do a good job of developing talent and getting the most out of the least.

I would not be disappointed with Marsch if the US were to somehow pry him from Les Habitants. I actually think he would have way more talent with the US tha. He had at either Red Bull or Leeds to play the style he wants. I would also expect he would do a full court press to ID a GK. Maybe Slonina. Turner and Horvath are extremely limited with their feet, something that was amplified and exposed during Copa. We bagged on Guzan for whatever reason, probably because he wasn't Tim Howard, but he is light years ahead of any of the GKs the US is currently trotting out there with his feet and presence in the field.

Another name, and it might be a good time to grab him at the end of the current MLS season is Tata Martino. The Barca collection there is short on time before they all start retiring. Yes he's currently MLS, but he has a ton of quality int'l experience.

I hope that Pulisic, Weah, Adams, McKennie, et. al. don't need any psychiatric help now that their best bud/coach is gone. Also hope the new coach, whoever it is, gets these guys out of their comfort zone and keeps them there.

I hope that Pulisic, Weah, Adams, McKennie, et. al. don't need any psychiatric help now that their best bud/coach is gone. Also hope the new coach, whoever it is, gets these guys out of their comfort zone and keeps them there.
I'm sure Gio is all broke up about the change. Advocating for Wilfried Chicken?

Reactions: quincy101
Whoever the replacement is we need to get it done so planning can begin. The next two years will go by quickly and I hope we don’t have another heat wave like this in ‘26.

Reactions: quincy101
Klopp has already told USSF no because he wanted to take a year off before his next move. He's been off 2 months.

I think they need to go international and if they take 10 months to hire someone again, the entire board needs to be relieved of its duties.

Klopp has already told USSF no because he wanted to take a year off before his next move. He's been off 2 months.
Wouldn't surprise me if Klopp is holding out for the England job, assuming of course that Gareth Southgate leaves after the Euro final. If he does leave, how about him for the US job?

Wouldn't surprise me if Klopp is holding out for the England job, assuming of course that Gareth Southgate leaves after the Euro final. If he does leave, how about him for the US job?
It wouldn't be a bad idea, but England has Pulisic or Dest, the only one that could make the England team. I am not sure he would be used to working with as low of the talent we have.

Honestly, I am not sure England will fire him after this go-round. I thought they would, but they are in the finals. If they win, they won't do it.

Whoever the replacement is we need to get it done so planning can begin. The next two years will go by quickly and I hope we don’t have another heat wave like this in ‘26.
They've given themselves approximately 7 weeks. (By September.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT