ADVERTISEMENT

Official Indiana State Game Thread

I LOVE LOCAL BANDS AND CHEER AT THESE TOURNEYS.

The ones in Vegas were fun last year.

Fantastic battle for the offensive board by Smitty leading to a Shaq layup.

And a lovely assist by Woodard.

This pace is noticeable faster than last year. *hyperventillates*

Nice start. Bad no-call on Ray, but we'll take it. Shaq prolly got away with a couple of travels. The star for Indiana State sweats a lot. Does he have the flu?

I guess I don't understand the offensive foul change at all. Was that just bc Dre lowered his shoulder? That defender was moving with him all the way to the basket.

Reactions: Gold*
As long as we keep it close we should have the depth to play through these fouls. We just can't let it get to far out of reach also

Ticky tack fouls right and left. It's like the refs are saying "look at me, I'm important". Let the kids play.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Not sure I can figure this team out. Been the same for over 2 years. Either the whole team is on or the whole team is cold. Weird. As always, Birt is so important to this team and has been really off so far tonite

This is like NBA misery foul calls, just do the Harden and run into people out of control through the lane.

Yuck yuck yuck.

Anybody else think we are going too deep and too long in the bench? We have inexperience against ISU's best right now. Good experience but getting us in another hole.

Not much going our way so far. Luckily Indiana State isn't exactly shooting lights out either.

Birt is frozen solid.
Birt is our streakiest player ..miss 10 make 3...

Remember the 2000 team was only behind in one game at halftime I believe. This team plays so many funky combinations from the 15:00 minute mark to the 7:00 minute mark and has lost ground almost every time during those minutes. A hole to start the second half but we are 7-8 points better.

33% shooting, 4 assists, 8 turnovers isn't a winning combination. Seems like we are playing too much one on one & not setting up teammates with open shots. Shaq can pull off the 1 on 3 drives, but Curtis, Birt & Woodard can't.

Starting to think Birt and Curtis shouldn't see minutes together. You can't have two extremely streaky shooters on the floor at once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT