ADVERTISEMENT

Official Arky State game thread

I guess my concerns about driving up with the kids to inconvenient game times and adjusting my work schedule are completely alleviated. I'm about done with half measures. I cannot stress how pissed I am with the state of our athletic department.

The ultimate difference in the game was the punt return for a TD
It was the fumble through the end zone in the first half... after that, all down hill. This team has to outscore teams to win, and that means the offense has to be hitting on all cylinders all the time.

I am melting 1000% right now. Wish it were still summer because I already feel I have nothing to look forward to this season.

Reactions: loca2874
Francis hasn't looked sharp tonight, the defense is non-existent, the play calling looks like Monty came back, and special teams hasn't been good.

Tulsa Football Fever, CATCH IT!

He looked sharp 1st half. Then they found ways to pressure him in 2nd half.

We got our coached, and Butch Jones is not a good coach , we really blew it here , Kevin Wilson should refund all of the TU fans who showed up to this mess tonight

Reactions: TU83
Our offense was invisible second half. They deserve plenty of the blame. Only one really successful play all half.

I've set through, listened to, watched a lot of football games for this university. This is probably the first time in my life I came to terms that the football gods made it clear, we were not supposed to win an easily winnable game. And it all started with the Vegas odds early in the week.

I'm not even upset. This was destiny.

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaAM
Losing Oh No GIF by Star Now

I've set through, listened to, watched a lot of football games for this university. This is probably the first time in my life I came to terms that the football gods made it clear, we were not supposed to win an easily winnable game. And it all started with the Vegas odds eary in the week.

I'm not even upset. This was destiny.
I knew this was going to happen the moment they decided to play the game in Arkansas. This state is a curse and needs to be nuked off the face of the planet.

we have sunk so low....nick saban couldn't save our ass....
this is unacceptable coach wilson....
pathetic.......

Honestly, the problem tonight wasn't that we were getting outrun, or pushed around. Our fundamentals were a bit suspect, but not egregious. This was a scheme problem and a game management problem.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Gmoney....i don't find anything funny about any of this. I've been a TU fan for over 60 years and I've lost all hope for ever seeing the "good ol days" ever again.......days when we would've put arkey state away in the first half and played our 2nd and 3rd team after the first series of the 3rd quarter. I find everything about our program unacceptable and pathetic. We get our hopes up every year just to have them crushed in the second game....hell, I'm not even going to watch or listen to the ass kicking we are going to get next week. As far as having bad teams in the conference....guess what....we are one of them. We're not even mediocre!!!! I'm tired, I'm cranky and I'm too f'n old for this :crap:!!!!!!! 3 or 4 wins tops....and that seems to be just fine with some people (not aiming that comment at you).

Reactions: drboobay and TU83
Gmoney....i don't find anything funny about any of this. I've been a TU fan for over 60 years and I've lost all hope for ever seeing the "good ol days" ever again.......days when we would've put arkey state away in the first half and played our 2nd and 3rd team after the first series of the 3rd quarter. I find everything about our program unacceptable and pathetic. We get our hopes up every year just to have them crushed in the second game....hell, I'm not even going to watch or listen to the ass kicking we are going to get next week. As far as having bad teams in the conference....guess what....we are one of them. We're not even mediocre!!!! I'm tired, I'm cranky and I'm too f'n old for this :crap:!!!!!!! 3 or 4 wins tops....and that seems to be just fine with some people (not aiming that comment at you).
I didn't mean funny as in ha, ha.

Reactions: bluegold70
Yeah, it sucks to have to savor the past every season when the present is a dump sandwich... Wilson is a useless head coach. Spurrier jr. clearly SUCKS as a play caller. We can't field special teams to save our souls... NIU beats Notre Dame today and we lose to freaking incest state... Just pathetic.

I knew this was going to happen the moment they decided to play the game in Arkansas. This state is a curse and needs to be nuked off the face of the planet.
FWIW.
Oklahoma D1 and D2 went 1-7 against Arkansas schools this week.
OK St was the lone victor.

I had a huge meltdown last night. Sorry to all for my rant.
Still dreading this weekend with all the pokie fans. Tired of hearing from friends why does TU bother being division 1
As blue gold said “ I’m getting tired and cranky”
Oh well
Go TU

Aside from Potter's stupidity & Jackson's fumble, here's something that no one mentioned that I believe started our downfall: we get the ball to start the 2nd half after a very good 1st with the lead & momentum. Francis & Co. are ready to rock, but nooooo! Those morons on the chain gang stop the game to "untangle" the chain & 5 minutes later the 2nd half starts & we go 3 & out. It just seemed to me that was frustrating the guys and they never got rolling again. That was my thought anyway.

I kept seeing a “Third and Two” knowing we can get that either with a run or short pass and here comes a Hail Mary pass at least two or three times into double coverage??????? The play and clock management before the half also could land in the top 10 worst decisions in TU football.

Reactions: TUMU
I kept seeing a “Third and Two” knowing we can get that either with a run or short pass and here comes a Hail Mary pass at least two or three times into double coverage??????? The play and clock management before the half also could land in the top 10 worst decisions in TU football.

I had the same thought for everything you mentioned.
It seemed to start with our last possession of the first half and continued for the remainder of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT