ADVERTISEMENT

Official Arky State game thread

I like how Cardell gave Avant the ball on the first one and then kept it on the 2nd. Pounding the center of the line with Avant and it being effective just opened up the QB keep on the RPO.

Reactions: TU 1978
Kick coverage has been stellar today. I think the kicker hits the ball really high and we're able to get down and cover it.

Definitely have some players that gets me excited for the future offensively. Never been a fan of swapping qbs but it worked this time around.
Defensively, our secondary just looks too slow, may get burned quite a bit deep this year, but playing better after that blown coverage

Definitely have some players that gets me excited for the future offensively. Never been a fan of swapping qbs but it worked this time around.
Defensively, our secondary just looks too slow, may get burned quite a bit deep this year, but playing better after that blown coverage
You mean excited for this season.

Don't assume anyone stays! Win now.

Happy for the result, but as a football fan, I don't quite understand how you can't coach a defense to prepare for a redzone qb, coming in for the first time today, keeping it on a zone read. Again, not complaining, just curious.

Why do we throw long passes on short yardage third downs???? We are running well. Run the damn ball. Quit being so cute

I understand making them think we're running it with Williams in and all amd then passing it but Francis has been picking them apart

Halftime stats

Team Stats​

Tulsa Golden Hurricane
Arkansas State Red Wolves
1st Downs1310
3rd down efficiency3-62-6
4th down efficiency0-00-1
Total Yards270215
Passing149169
Comp-Att12-1612-18
Yards per pass9.39.4
Interceptions thrown01
Rushing12146
Rushing Attempts2015
Yards per rush6.13.1
Penalties2-105-42
Turnovers12
Fumbles lost11
Interceptions thrown01
Possession15:2914:31

Reactions: TulsaAM
The start to the second half is key, can the coaching staff make adjustments and can the team execute them...

And this is how you know TU football is in deep trouble in the NIL era...

Parker has been awful tonight. Can't cover anyone can't tackle anyone. We're going to lose this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT