ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic - Bars and Resturants

Chris1974W

I.T.S. Junior
Jan 29, 2003
I was born and raised in Tulsa and lived my first 26 years there. Over tha past 12 years my vists have all but ended. My question..

I will be in Tulsa with fellow excutives from my company. They like to act like executives during dinner and tards after.....me included

Looking for a resturant where a suit does not look out of place and nice wine list. A bar with nice things to look at (chicks) but still semi professional.....at least to start.

Is Brookside still that place?

15th street is slowly surpassing Brookside, in my opinion.

If you want Brookside, check out Brasserie. French place, expensive, but decent. Ciao may also work. Gemma's is just ok. Still lots of bars.

If you do 15th, look at Palace Cafe or Lucky's. Palace just redid their bar and it's nice. Lucky's makes good drinks and the food is good. Smoke, nearby, is decent but sort of unpredictable. I like Doe's but I'm in the minority. You can't go wrong with White Owl or Kilkenny's for bars.

At Utica, look at Stonehorse or Polo Grill. Not really much in the way of bars, but it's close to 15th and Brookside. Polo has a killer wine list.

If you are downtoen, check out Brady Tavern or Juniper. Juniper is new and very good; good bars in stumbling distance. Brady Tavern is sort of a pub with expensive food, but worth it; the bars near Cain's are great.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Gold homerunned that response. For Steak like Ruth Chris there is Mahoganys but I am not a fan. Very expensive and butter covered steaks too rich for me but very popular with the business guys and the vista usually fairly abundant. The national chain Flemings situated in Utica Square also good and vista friendly.
However for me I would go with 15th street and try out Lucky's, Palace, Smoke. or venture downtown for Brady Tavern.

Originally posted by Chris1974W:
Are the Cherry ST places you listed all within walking distance?

If you consider 1/2 mile walking distance.

15th or Utica seem to fit the bill better.

Agree with Palace. Can't wait to visit with the new bar. And ditto on White Owl or Kilkenneys after, although White Owl becomes a mob of 22 year olds after 11 these days.

Also agree that Smoke is unpredictable. Worst dining experience of my life anywhere after a few months of loving it.

Flemings in Utica has great wine too, but it's not a unique to Tulsa place at all.

Also love the Chalkboard for a nice pre-dinner cocktail and the cheese plate. It's at the Ambassador Hotel, but nothing really close to it.

And obviously, you'll need to take them by a QT.
tongue.gif

This post was edited on 11/21 7:34 PM by TUBballJunkie

Mahoganey is good, but not a good value. It seems like it designed for Citgo, Semgroup, and Pharmaceutical reps with expense accounts.

15th is easy, but Lucky's and Palace are about a third of a mile apart. White Owl is near Palace and Kilkenny's is near Lucky's. Kilkenny's is an Irish pub. White Owl is more of a sports bar.

Lucky's makes a killer Moscow Mule.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Just for future reference, this topic should have been posted on the "General" board. I'll let it simmer over here a little longer and then move it to the TU General board.

Thanks.

Utica, Polo Grill is very nice.....we eat in there quite often and we're never disappointed.......I'm not a wine guy but they have a nice selection. If you or anyone else is interested in a beer, try the (Estvella) on tap....two thumbs up!!

I tried out Smoke recently and was very impressed. They seemed to have every Oklahoma brewed beer in the state available, including the somewhat rare Red Bud Pale Ale. Oh yeah and the food was good too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT