ADVERTISEMENT

ocu

crow4435

I.T.S. Freshman
Sep 25, 2002
whatever happened with OCU moving up to div 1? i always thought they would be a good project school to put in the summit or southland untl they got some mileage on them. good okc -tulsa rivalry

OCU is NAIA so even a bigger jump in $ resources needed to make the jump to NCAA D1. Plus, NAIA has fewer rules on eligibility. There are 30 year olds who can eligible as 1st time FR w/o a qualifying need such as playing pro ball in another sport, military service etc. NCAA rule used to be you had to have one of those or start your eligibility by age 27. They may still have it. If I remember correctly, Brandon Weeden got in just in the nick of time at OSU

Reactions: crow4435
My youngest attended OCU and it is a great school, but it's student population can't be much more than half of that of TU. Added that they are land land locked and have a very small campus they would need to make a major investment in facilities, or play downtown at PayCom. All in all I believe that the cost would quickly out-weigh any desire if there was any.

Oklahoma City has a rich D1 basketball tradition and I would love to see them make the jump back. Seattle U, another tradition rich program from the 50s and 60s recently made the jump back to D1 after years in the lower divisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT