ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas game thread (men’s)

We didn’t do too bad after giving up that big lead early, even had it down to 8 for a second, but that’s going to be a big hill to climb the way they play D. PJ is going to have to find some way to score.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
They have completely lost their whistles on both ends. Have to play a more aggressive defense since they call nothing.

The worst whistle swallowing I have seen in 15 years. We would still be behind but much closer.

Most frustrating and disappointing game this season. Nothing going right.

We had a chance to get it to single digits and the refs iced our shooter now they’re up 17. Tough game.

Reactions: drboobay
TU is actually advertising their Hurricane Exchange NIL program.

Hard to catch up on a team who doesn’t look to shoot till 5 seconds on shot clock. Have to double everything.

Disappointing ugly and maybe no winning season

Hard to win shooting 18% from deep but credit NT for excellent pressure defense

Love that PJ waited until it didn’t really matter to decide to care.
Of course, he’s the only in double figures so I guess he should go get his.

Reactions: loca2874
Hard to catch up on a team who doesn’t look to shoot till 5 seconds on shot clock. Have to double everything.
Especially if they two or three tries every time down the court.

Love that PJ waited until it didn’t really matter to decide to care.
Of course, he’s the only in double figures so I guess he should go get his.
PJ & the entire team waited until it didn’t matter! Also, Konkol should have drawn at least one technical in the first half when the refs were letting them hammer us, with no fouls called!

Reactions: I.I.
1st half, TU forgot how to play offense, defense, and how to handle the ball. Add to the fact that this may have been the worst officiating team that we have seen in years equals a disaster for the 1st half. The 2nd half TU played a little better, but the officiating got worse. I hope we never see that crew again!

At one point when PJ was at the line a ref tried to talk to him and PJ just turned his head and looked away. It looked as if PJ had had enough with his calls throughout the game.

1st half, TU forgot how to play offense, defense, and how to handle the ball. Add to the fact that this may have been the worst officiating team that we have seen in years equals a disaster for the 1st half. The 2nd half TU played a little better, but the officiating got worse. I hope we never see that crew again!

At one point when PJ was at the line a ref tried to talk to him and PJ just turned his head and looked away. It looked as if PJ had had enough with his calls throughout the game.
I've seen about 600 TU home games. This officiating crew (2 of the 3) were the worst I have ever seen since some early Nolan games with Zetcher and Spitler. Self, Nolan, J.D. Barnett and even Wojcik would have been thrown out of the game watching this happen. "Eric....It is okay to cuss and get thrown out"

I've seen about 600 TU home games. This officiating crew (2 of the 3) were the worst I have ever seen since some early Nolan games with Zetcher and Spitler. Self, Nolan, J.D. Barnett and even Wojcik would have been thrown out of the game watching this happen. "Eric....It is okay to cuss and get thrown out"

Jim Bain in Milwaukee was the worst ref ever.

Jim Bain in Milwaukee was the worst ref ever.
The Ricky Ross year or the Dwayne Bonner year? Some say 𝙅𝙤𝙝𝙣 𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙮 in the Clemson game may have been the worst ref ever.

The Ricky Ross year or the Dwayne Bonner year? Some say 𝙅𝙤𝙝𝙣 𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙮 in the Clemson game may have been the worst ref ever.

The Ricky Ross year vs Louisville. The powers that be wanted a Louisville/Kentucky matchup the following week and we were the only thing that stood in the way.

And we missed way too many free throws to blame the Clemson game on the ref. That one was on us.

The Ricky Ross year vs Louisville. The powers that be wanted a Louisville/Kentucky matchup the following week and we were the only thing that stood in the way.

And we missed way too many free throws to blame the Clemson game on the ref. That one was on us.
The Louisville kid walked on that last shot. I still have it on video I think. No call....... I was there .

The Louisville kid walked on that last shot. I still have it on video I think. No call....... I was there .

I was there as well after hitching a last minute ride on the Hurricane Club charter. Very disappointing afternoon.

Some years back when Woj was the coach and Bubba was the AD, the refs were so bad they sent the tape to the league with a complaint. The league reviewed the tape and that team of refs were banned from refing a TU game for the rest of the season. Konkol and Dickson need to do the same with the take of this game.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Some years back when Woj was the coach and Bubba was the AD, the refs were so bad they sent the tape to the league with a complaint. The league reviewed the tape and that team of refs were banned from refing a TU game for the rest of the season. Konkol and Dickson need to do the same with the take of this game.
Message Rick Dixon & Coach Konkol. Was a different conference then, but the American should be let know that CUSA did this, implying they should follow a similar path.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT