ADVERTISEMENT

NIT here we come

TUPond

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
This game was ours, up 9 in the 2nd half and we can't close that out? This team has struggled all year shooting the ball and once again our patented scoring droughts come back to doom us. Lets go to the NIT, win and get some dang shooters. Its a simple game you have to put the ball in the basket to win. We can defend, we take care of the ball, but we have to, HAVE TO, find some shooters for God's sake.

Hard to get excited about the NIT the way we ended this game. Such a poor finish with the turnovers and open jumpers given up.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Playing not to lose is always a problem, you can't stop attacking.

Maybe TU can secure a top 2 seed and get 3 home games in the NIT.

TX

If we go to the NIT, Dew & Littlejohn need some minutes. We have to develop our talent if we want to be better next season.

I will be there for NIT but can see an early loss. The way we lost today could be discouraging.

At the start of the season or when we were 5-5 would have jumped all over a high seed in the NIT. I will be out at every NIT game supporting the team and I can't wait for next season.

Never happy with NIT but Ill be there. Big concern, a melt down like this has a huge effect.

I agree, plus when they come out to 3k fans against stony brook or something... I'm afraid this loss may spill over into the next game.

I'm down for a church night battle royal with the mighty Jackrabbits .

I think the fish will be biting...
rolleyes.r191677.gif

This loss is on the coach period.. just absolutely disgusting how he coached down the stretch..hold the ball run clock and throw up a BRICK with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. The reason we had the lead is because we were very aggressive on both ends of the floor for the first 35 mins of the game!! I will be at the game Tuesday to support this team but I am not happy at all! Oh and Stevie, littlejohn, and Big E are all gone next year I believe Dew will stay but that is not 100 %.

Originally posted by GOB10:
This loss is on the coach period.. just absolutely disgusting how he coached down the stretch..hold the ball run clock and throw up a BRICK with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. The reason we had the lead is because we were very aggressive on both ends of the floor for the first 35 mins of the game!! I will be at the game Tuesday to support this team but I am not happy at all! Oh and Stevie, littlejohn, and Big E are all gone next year I believe Dew will stay but that is not 100 %.
We followed the same formula that led to us winning every single game down the stretch. This time, we didn't get the breaks and we made some mistakes that cost us. Our coaching had us in the game, and we just failed to close the deal. We shot 29 percent. We just need Juice or Ray to make one more from deep. They went 2-12 and had some WIDE OPEN looks. Haith did a great job all year. He inherited a team with some serious deficiencies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT