ADVERTISEMENT

New Uniforms

They should be good for five more wins this year than if they kept the same uniform as last year.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Want to take bets on the last color? Gold? black? grey? Red!?
I'd love a red jersey, but my guess is it will be black or gray.

These are a big upgrade over the jerseys from last year, I love that the Tulsa flag is included!

I've always thought the Golden Hurricane deserved Official Gold colors in the stands which stand out much better than blue which blend into the seats as being empty. Nolan was the only coach I remember to promote Gold and it looked great in the stands.

Baylor (Green and Gold) has gone to a "Go Gold" thing now for a couple of years and the Type of Gold is standardized throughout the University as more of a "bright yellow-gold" rather than the dark ugly gold some have. Their National Championship team wore a bright Gold to victory.

It makes everyone buy a new shirt but I need a couple of new ones if that might change the direction of the program. I think Gragg's "Wear Blue " has seen its time.

If it's gold, Im out.....Gold is such a hideous color!!!
Big Bird yellow is a hideous color. Gold is okay. We’ve made that mistake a couple of times in football and basketball.

university-of-tulsas-football-team-unveils-new-uniforms.1254012034000-0.jpeg

ghows-LK-07b593df-a75a-476b-bd72-a7a3dea70006-3487dfc4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TUcandoit
Big Bird yellow is a hideous color. Gold is okay. We’ve made that mistake a couple of times in football and basketball.

I should amend my original comment to say "what we tend to use as gold is a hideous color...such as your photos...why oh why..."

I've always thought the Golden Hurricane deserved Official Gold colors in the stands which stand out much better than blue which blend into the seats as being empty. Nolan was the only coach I remember to promote Gold and it looked great in the stands.

Baylor (Green and Gold) has gone to a "Go Gold" thing now for a couple of years and the Type of Gold is standardized throughout the University as more of a "bright yellow-gold" rather than the dark ugly gold some have. Their National Championship team wore a bright Gold to victory.

It makes everyone buy a new shirt but I need a couple of new ones if that might change the direction of the program. I think Gragg's "Wear Blue " has seen its time.
Wear Blue was the contractor hired by Bubba, but point very well taken.

Looks like they are returning to 80s style shorts as well. Now bring back to tube socks and we will be good!

Reactions: cmullinsTU

Yes, these were absolutely terrible, thankfully it seems we have a standardized gold since switching to Adidas instead of like 3 or 4 shades we had while with Nike.

If we did gold, I assume it'd be very similar to the gold the men's soccer team wears

20210108_Soccer_Schedule_Release_Mens_R1.jpg

At one time, we had a nice-ish gold uni. Wasn't it during the Kevin Johnson time?

Here's something I threw together as a concept for what a once a year red alternate could look like.... I know the shades are off, the fonts are not the greatest and the spacing is not right but they don't have too much to choose from in the Adidas concept shop. If you totally hate it let me know.

When I look at it I can't decide if it's total garbage or it's growing on me. I think it might be cool if the golden bits could work in some Art Deco styling similar to what Tulsa FC did recently.

NESexy2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawg.pound22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT