ADVERTISEMENT

New Football & Basketball PA Announcer - Jared Gallagher

Meh - could have been worse, but could have been better. I’m sure he’ll do fine.

Meh - could have been worse, but could have been better. I’m sure he’ll do fine.

Have you heard him? He definitely has the voice for it.

He started out calling games when he was In high school, announcing games that his younger brother was playing in and his little sister was cheering for.

Have you heard him? He definitely has the voice for it.

He started out calling games when he was In high school, announcing games that his younger brother was playing in and his little sister was cheering for.

I figured you’d rush to his defense. Anywho, like I said, I’m indifferent about him. If he does well and gets fans into the game, then great.

I figured you’d rush to his defense. Anywho, like I said, I’m indifferent about him. If he does well and gets fans into the game, then great.

Defense? I’ll be happy if he reminds us every time it’s “Thirrrrdd Dooooown”and leads us in that nifty Reign Cane chant.

Hey Ex-oruVoice, you applying for similar positions elsewhere? If so, I'd like to know how you do. Good luck.

Defense? I’ll be happy if he reminds us every time it’s “Thirrrrdd Dooooown”and leads us in that nifty Reign Cane chant.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the previous PA. I was hoping we’d get someone high energy... when ORUvoice subbed in that time at a TU hoops game, he did great. Brought excitement, but wasn’t over the top.

Reactions: barrister1602
I wasn’t a huge fan of the previous PA. I was hoping we’d get someone high energy... when ORUvoice subbed in that time at a TU hoops game, he did great. Brought excitement, but wasn’t over the top.

I think you'll be pleased. Voice would have been a good choice too, although we've not heard him call a football game.

I don't look for the PA guy to lead cheers or create excitement. I've always thought it was very amateurish when they do that. If they can get provide knowledge to the fans about what's happening and by whom, with energy in their voice, that usually comes across the best. The times I remember what the PA announcer did in a game is when there was a criticism. I think they are like referees, doing a great job makes us forget about them individually and brings focus to the game. Let the cheerleaders lead cheers get the crowd into it.
Note to new PA - Nigel Carter doesn't return punts, never did.

Really the only qualified applicant was an OSU grad who lives in OKC?

Apparently he was the best qualified applicant in the field.

He received the prestigious Bob Sheppard Public Address Announcer of the Year award in 2017.

Bob Sheppard was the PA announcer for the Yankees from 1951 to 2007. I learned something new today.

I think you’ll like the guy. Very commanding voice.

Apparently he was the best qualified applicant in the field.

He received the prestigious Bob Sheppard Public Address Announcer of the Year award in 2017.

Bob Sheppard was the PA announcer for the Yankees from 1951 to 2007. I learned something new today.

I think you’ll like the guy. Very commanding voice.
I’m sure he’s fine, I’m just saying the difference for the total game day experience between the #1 guy and the #3 guy has to be trivial. A great way to build the idea of us as the little brother of OSU is doing stupid sh@$ like hiring their alum for a job like this. All I can say is this guy better have a pipeline to 4* Owasso talent.....

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
I’m sure he’s fine, I’m just saying the difference for the total game day experience between the #1 guy and the #3 guy has to be trivial. A great way to build the idea of us as the little brother of OSU is doing stupid sh@$ like hiring their alum for a job like this. All I can say is this guy better have a pipeline to 4* Owasso talent.....

Probably no 4* talent in Owasso this year. All of those guys were seniors last season. They do have a junior running back that’s ready for a breakout year. He may be better than his brother at Alabama.

Hey Ex-oruVoice, you applying for similar positions elsewhere? If so, I'd like to know how you do. Good luck.

No. Just the TU gig. I was in the finals with your new guy, but it wasn't to be. He seems like a nice fella, though.

Who knows...things change. I'll be around, but have no current plans for any PA Announcing in the near future. But, I did change my screen name to TULSAVOICE, just in case. :smiley:

Last edited:
Probably no 4* talent in Owasso this year. All of those guys were seniors last season. They do have a junior running back that’s ready for a breakout year. He may be better than his brother at Alabama.

I hear that the RBs first two offers were from Tulsa and Memphis.

Why the heck did we change the GOLDEN HURRICANE chant? #getoffmylawn

Yeah, Reign Cane is turrible. Does anyone like it? Too many puns.

“Hey, reign it in!”

“Pray for Reign!”

“Reign Reign go away.”

“Your Reign ends now!”

Yeah, Reign Cane is turrible. Does anyone like it? Too many puns.

“Hey, reign it in!”

“Pray for Reign!”

“Reign Reign go away.”

“Your Reign ends now!”
I like Reign Cane as a symbiotic partner to Golden! Hurricane!

Same last name spelling as the honoree on the BB arena? Wonder if
there is any family connection......

I don't care if the new guy sounds like Pinky Lee recently castrated. Ol' Larry had to go!

I was impressed and so was everyone sitting around me. I did move the call when President came in for one non-eventful run, but quickly corrected himself.

I thought he sounded much better than the last few years. That was the weakest hurricane siren crank I’ve seen in 4 years. What was up with that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT