ADVERTISEMENT

New AAC transfer policy announced

The NCAA has a transfer portal that overrides anything a conference would decide, so it is an irrelevant decision.

Good luck keeping your good players if you’re a bottom feeder.
Yeah, that has, in some respects, always been the case.....

However, if good players are going to transfer from within the conference, why would you
arbitrarily throw them out of the conference?? That makes no sense....

Is entering the portal the same as leaving the team? Or can you come back?

You can come back but very few do. I imagine once you declare to enter the transfer portal your coaches consider you gone and start looking for your replacement.

Reactions: ba11game
I can’t speak for TU but a friend’s child went into the football portal at a school in GA and then changed his mind when his girlfriend changed his mind for him. He was basically told, you got out of line, so go to the back of the line. He ended up being told he will get a scholarship but he has lost his place on the depth chart and won’t travel for a year unless injuries require it.

I imagine an industrial psychologist could make millions consulting with coaches on how to deal with the millennial players who stay vs players who wanted to leave and came back dynamic in the locker room.

Seriously, every situation is different but how do you deal with the kids who stay making it hell on the ones who come back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT