ADVERTISEMENT

my morning jacket

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Pretty good show. If I had kids and they wanted to be in a band, that would be it.

Brady men's room line is one of the top 10 worst things about Tulsa.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I have to admit, it's certainly not my style of music, but I thought they were pretty talented. God bless free tickets!

Totally agree about the bathroom line.

Fortunately I didnt have to go to the bathroom, but I thought it was a great show as well. Apparently they are one of the better live acts around these days, and after the show on Tuesday I certainly dont doubt that....At first I was sad they weren't playing at Cains, but The Brady turned out to be a pretty cool venue for them. Overall a wonderful show, would see them again in a heartbeat.

Cain's just works better than Brady. Brady really needs a Cain's-level remodel. It's just in bad shape. Surprised the old file marshal hasn't come after them yet -- he probably gets free tickets to Chicago or something.

Agree about the Brady needing to be updated, especially when it comes to the restrooms. I've learned to pick my spots to escape to the facilities.
So much better seeing MMJ in an intimate setting rather than a festival. 3rd time at least I've seen their opener, Delta Spirit, and I'm a major fan. Really good show all the way around and ran into LEC sporting some TU gear.

Only thing on my radar right now is seeing Grouplove/Young the Giant (I'll be in the old guy section) and will have to partake in Roger Water's The Wall next year for the spectacle and love of that album.
This post was edited on 12/13 11:45 PM by canester2002

I've stayed away from the Waters deal so far. Ticket prices kind of pissed me off for what this show actually is.

I really liked They Might Be Giants back in the day and still swear that their show with Frank Black back in '94 (I was a freshman in high school) is the best concert I've ever been to. So I'm going to that -- even though I think they sound more like their Malcolm in the Middle song and less like the crazy 10 piece live band that would destroy anybody else in the business.

I'm going to Red Hot Chili Peppers.

There isn't much on the horizon. I check the Cain's site about once a week and it's always a letdown. I'm sure in a couple of months they'll announce about 10 great shows that are scheduled in 8 days. Maybe they'll schedule shows at Cain's and Brady at the same time. I always love it when they do that.

The day after They Might Be Giants play, the Old 97's come to the Cain's. I'm looking forward to that. They put on a great show last time they were here.
This post was edited on 12/14 3:46 PM by Barlass

Originally posted by canester2002:
Agree about the Brady needing to be updated, especially when it comes to the restrooms. I've learned to pick my spots to escape to the facilities.
So much better seeing MMJ in an intimate setting rather than a festival. 3rd time at least I've seen their opener, Delta Spirit, and I'm a major fan. Really good show all the way around and ran into LEC sporting some TU gear.

Only thing on my radar right now is seeing Grouplove/Young the Giant (I'll be in the old guy section) and will have to partake in Roger Water's The Wall next year for the spectacle and love of that album.
This post was edited on 12/13 11:45 PM by canester2002

That was the first time I had seen or heard of Delta Spirit, and I am now a major fan as well. So much energy from both bands that night. Just a great show overall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT