ADVERTISEMENT

More fallout from McGirt descision..

noble cane

I.T.S. University President
Feb 25, 2002
He’s one of the few Justices who rule based on law and constitution instead of political ideology. I don’t like McGirt or Roe decisions but legally they were the correct ones imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
He’s one of the few Justices whip rule based on law and constitution instead of political ideology. I don’t like McGirt or Roe decisions but legally they were the correct ones imo.

Even though McGirt basically nullifies 116 years of statehood?

Some people are more equal than others.

The US record of ignoring its obligations under its treaty commitments with native American tribes goes back at least 140 years. Tribes have been treated unequally for for so long that is what makes these decisions look out of the ordinary.

The history of the events of leading up to the Trail of Tears includes the Cherokee tribe's win in the Supreme Court which President Jackson and the State of Georgia simply ignored and forced their removal to what became Oklahoma anyway. .

Worth reading for any Oklahoman:

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with Indians or history or policy. The decision is purely mechanical. Words either have meaning or they don’t. And they always do — even at inconvenient times.

It has nothing to do with Indians or history or policy. The decision is purely mechanical. Words either have meaning or they don’t. And they always do — even at inconvenient times.
Are you referencing the Treaties signed with the Indians, The Constitution, or State Law? (words have meaning or they don't)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT