ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi Valley State Game thread

Completely different look against the zone. Glad a weaker team is using it so we can get practice.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Gracia worked the zone inside the got 3 outside. Love to see that. Need to keep working that zone offense though.
We had a few possessions of stand around and pass then panic.

Mo really struggling. But getting lots of pt.

Last edited:
Everything good overall except turnovers and defense. They’re running their slow offense but blowing past us for good looks.

Not a bad first half. A big difference between this years team and last year’s, the second group can come in and increase the lead rather than let it slip away.

Matt Reed has a lot of talent and potential but he has to improve those hands. He’s been on the receiving end of a couple of great passes, including that one by McWright, and fumbled them.

JAred Hall after that
the simpsons rake GIF

Looking at the stats we should be further ahead.

Giving up too many rebounds again this half.

If we can hang on to Archie and some of these other youngsters we might get some showtime in a couple of years.

Reactions: TU 1978
I feel freshman take forever to figure things out, but Jared Hall is definitely improving.

Reactions: drboobay
Memphis drilled Virginia by 23, I’m afraid that is going to be a bad game for our Hurricane , that isn’t me saying we suck , that’s me saying Memphis is that good

Reactions: loca2874
Very cool that everyone who has played has scored.
Very sloppy 2nd half though but, with a lot of guys playing.
Yeah it’s been a sloppy half but as Pooh pointed out, the majority of this half we’ve had 4 freshmen and a sophomore as our lineup.

29 point win. 7 wins this season so far. just feel good about the future. Efficiency was high today on defense and offense. We should get a good bump in the NET from this. Also we are getting help from those we beat.

I wish we had put Radford in, you need to reward those practice players when you have the chance.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Memphis drilled Virginia by 23, I’m afraid that is going to be a bad game for our Hurricane , that isn’t me saying we suck , that’s me saying Memphis is that good
Virginia is one of those teams that tries to muddy up games and play suffocating defense. They've struggled to score points even when they were a top 5 team the last few years. Unfortunately Memphis' brand of offense and athleticism can make good defensive teams look bad.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Haggerty has been American freshman of the week 3 times and according to the broadcast crew is among the leaders among freshmen nationwide in a number of categories including second in scoring. What are the odds of him being American freshman of the year?

MVSU has now played 11 straight games on the road. They will play 2 more road games before playing their 1st home game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT