ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis at SMU

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
Woke up from TU pre-game nap to see UM score. It is UM 38-7 at halftime!

Wow. I thought SMU might show up and play that one. I was wrong. Memphis had a little red ass in them after last week's beat down

Wow. I thought SMU might show up and play that one. I was wrong. Memphis had a little red ass in them after last week's beat down

Cincy is starting to look like hot garbage...I'd love to get a W at Nippert Stadium...maybe be the L that gets Tubs fired!

Last edited:
Cincinnati is pretty bad this year. How they stayed in the game vs Houston until the last couple minutes should have been a signal that Houston wasn't as good as what everyone was made to believe.

Cincinnati is pretty bad this year. How they stayed in the game vs Houston until the last couple minutes should have been a signal that Houston wasn't as good as what everyone was made to believe.

^ and we get them (Houston) at the Liberty Bowl for Senior Day...I'd love to see our seniors go out with a big W.

between USF, Houston, and Cincy...hopefully we can get a couple of big wins.

if I had to guess how things will play out...

Houston to Birmingham to play a SEC team
Navy to Ft Worth to play a Big 12 team (contractual obligation)
Temple to Annapolis to play an ACC team
USF to St Pete to play an ACC team
Tulsa to Miami Beach to play a MAC team
Cincy (if they get to 6) to the Bahamas to play a MAC team
Memphis to Boca Raton to play a CUSA team (USM?)
UCF drives across town to play a Sun Belt team in the Cure Bowl

So if we win the American we only get to play a MAC team? That sucks.

So if we win the American we only get to play a MAC team? That sucks.

that's "if I had to guess" and I don't have Tulsa winning the AAC...that said, if Tulsa wins the AAC you would most likely get a 6-6 SEC in Birmingham...maybe UGA or South Carolina.

that's "if I had to guess" and I don't have Tulsa winning the AAC...that said, if Tulsa wins the AAC you would most likely get a 6-6 SEC in Birmingham...maybe UGA or South Carolina.
So you have Navy or Temple winning the AAC?

correct...
khcee.jpg

correct...
I am going to disagree. I think if an AAC team runs the table out of the Temple/Navy/Tulsa group they will end up being the highest ranked G5 and play in a NY6 game. 11-2 is an awfully strong team and even with 2 losses much better than Boise St or Western Michigan with 1 loss. I watched Boise St play against SJSU the other day...Boise St really isn't all that great and would lose to any of the contenders from the AAC. Tulsa and Navy would run them off the field with their rushing attacks, Houston (full strength) would run them off the field.

Don't get me started on Western Michigan. Sure they beat 2 cellar dwellers in the B1G. I'm not sure either of those 2 teams would finish better than 5th in the AAC West or 3rd in the AAC east. Wish our conference would get some credit for having some quality.

And yes, I hope you all hammer Houston. Just goes to show the depth of our division even more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT