ADVERTISEMENT

Meachum to Tulane

jerandlaur

I.T.S. Position Coach
Jan 11, 2007
Reports are that Meachum has agreed to a three deal with Tulane to get their head coach. Other than Tulane being in a better conference I don't know why he would go there instead of UNT.

I'd rather live in Denton than New Orleans. Tulane is a better academic school and is in a better conference though.

Reactions: jerandlaur
Definitely New Orleans. I wonder if Pat Jones approved this.

fb5e7024-d7e0-432f-aa40-2f698c30c449_zps9066762a.png

Reactions: Chris Harmon
That or he just likes swamp folk more.

Tulane has a better location to recruit players. He can recruit from the two of the top recruiting states in college football Texas and Florida. His base recruits will be New Orleans but you have Houston and Florida a short drive away. Its a smart move and any success will improve his chances to go to a larger school.

Let's be honest. North Texas sucks. Tulane sucks. You're an idiot for taking either job. There. I feel better now.
Tulane can at least say they went 12-0 one year and declared themselves a co-national champ. UNT's claim to fame is it was the mythical location for Necessary Roughness which was a pretty awful movie.

Um, ESPN is reporting that Tulane just hired Willie Fritz from Ga. Southern as its head coach...

Tulane has a better location to recruit players. He can recruit from the two of the top recruiting states in college football Texas and Florida. His base recruits will be New Orleans but you have Houston and Florida a short drive away. Its a smart move and any success will improve his chances to go to a larger school.
People have been hired and fired with that logic for decades.

Did he bamboozle Sonny Cumby into thinking all he had to do was stick around TCU and he would get full reigns of the offense...

Did Cumby turn down Texas for this very reason....

Did Meachum schtick it to him, kapow???

Come back next week, same bat channel, same bat time...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT