ADVERTISEMENT

Martins Igbanu

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
We're getting more than just a great basketball talent, but also someone who will fit academically very nicely.

мαятιиѕ ιgвαиυ ‏@martenenz
I graduate Salutatorian of my class in a few hours and I don't feel nothing!!! Just never satisfied!!

We're getting more than just a great basketball talent, but also someone who will fit academically very
nicely.

мαятιиѕ ιgвαиυ ‏@martenenz
I graduate Salutatorian of my class in a few hours and I don't feel nothing!!! Just never satisfied!!

It sounds like he hasn't been challenged enough--On the BB court, or in the class room......

Starting in two or three weeks, that will abruptly change....He will be competing against players that are
on a par with him in talent and physical ability, and considerably more experienced.....

Igbanu looks like a player that needs to play and play and play......His inexperience will be a problem at
first, but looks to be a raw talent that can become very good.....This summer will be a great experience
for him.....

Last edited:
Yes....
A tight end, maybe!!:rolleyes:
I looked for this thread in the BB Forum and the Alley, and wondered what happened to it.....Found it you know where!

How could this happen? This is the 1st mistake I've ever made. Lol. As you know, Chris is gone for a while and I don't have access to the administrative board. Unless WD can move the thread, we're just going to need Igbanu to hit the weights and workout with Dane Evans over the summer. I can't believe I've ruined a basketball career but maybe he'll become an NFL tight end.

I can't believe I've ruined a basketball career but maybe he'll become an NFL tight end.
:rolleyes:Kidding aside, Martins is kind of the mystery man among the 2016 recruits to me.....Somewhat
like Edogi was when he first came....He simply hasn't played as much basketball as most high school
srs. have by then.....He's not as physical as Edogi, (at least not yet, anyway) but is much more skillful
away from the basket.....It wouldn't shock me if he red shirts to gain another year of experience, and
to gain another year of physical development....

Artison, assuming he is healthy, might be the 4 position player out of the 2016 class that we will
rely on early in this coming season.....He is experienced and versatile, and will only be a sophomore...

If he plays a good all around game and shows that he can shoot the long ball well, Artison could be a pro-prospect eventually. A 6-9 player who can run the floor with the smaller guys and has an elite shot reminds me of KD a bit.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
If he plays a good all around game and shows that he can shoot the long ball well, Artison could be a pro-prospect eventually.
A 6-9 player who can run the floor with the smaller guys and has an elite shot reminds me of KD a bit.

The video that I have seen on him reminds me most of Ken "grasshopper" Smith, A beanpole 6'7" JUCO when Ken Hayes was
coach....He, like Artison, could score from where ever, and could also run the floor.....

I expect big improvement from Taplin and TK....Those two with more confidence will be solid in the starting lineup.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Senior, the thing I remember most about Grasshopper Smith was his line-drive jump shot, often from the corner. The back rim was Grasshopper's best friend.

When I read the name Ken "Grasshopper" Smith, I hear it in my memory with Jerry Webber saying it.

I expect big improvement from Taplin and TK....Those two with more confidence will be solid in the
starting lineup.
Yes....I wouldn't be surprised at all if both are very solid....I'm really rooting for Taplin to be just that....
Our PG.....He brings more to the table than any PG we have had in quite some time.....

Senior, the thing I remember most about Grasshopper Smith was his line-drive jump shot, often from
the corner. The back rim was Grasshopper's best friend.
Yes indeed, old.guy......I never figured out how he got those line drives to go down!!!

Reactions: eastcane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT