ADVERTISEMENT

Marc Scott

The other kid (Luke Traynor?) finished 8th so TU had 2 pt scorers in he event. Scott has the best finishing kick in the event maybe in the world right now. And I think he may have felt the pace was slow to boot

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Scott comes from way back in last 200 meters to finish 4th in the 5,000 meters. It's thought to come back from the 10,000 meters.

It is crazy to look at the Olympic speeds in these events vs what he clocked in at. I hope he can train and get there.

It is crazy to look at the Olympic speeds in these events vs what he clocked in at. I hope he can train and get there.

So he would have to clock a qualifying time and be in the top 2 or 3 for Great Britain to qualify....correct?

It was a very slow pace.
Both events were run extremely slow. Even the announcers for the 10,000 thought the pace was way too slow compared to what a lot of these guys normally run. Remarkably, I think Scott runs at whatever pace the leaders go at, stays in the packs a bit running comfortably knowing he has plenty in reserve for that last lap kick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT