ADVERTISEMENT

Look at winning probability of Tulsa winning last

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
5 games favored in all except Houston and Cincy which are 47 to 49 % win which includes 10 point favorite this Saturday against Navy

Reactions: HuffyCane
I believe I heard during the game or after, that we were favored to win the conference. That's interesting to hear. I wouldn't favor us to win. Can't believe Cincy isn't favored, despite the fact we play them here.

I believe I heard during the game or after, that we were favored to win the conference. That's interesting to hear. I wouldn't favor us to win. Can't believe Cincy isn't favored, despite the fact we play them here.
ESPN had us favored early after UCF. It’s Cincy now

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Yes Tulsa was favored to win the conference and go to the New Year’s Day bowl game representing the group of non p5 because they said That BYU is not eligible due to not playing in a conference championship game. I thought that was weird also.

Yes Tulsa was favored to win the conference and go to the New Year’s Day bowl game representing the group of non p5 because they said That BYU is not eligible due to not playing in a conference championship game. I thought that was weird also.
BYU doesn’t want to be part of the Group 5 and the Mountain Butthurt Conference would object if they were. So they can’t get the G5 spot. They can get an at-large berth and can be selected to a location before the G5, especially if they are ranked higher. To me it’s absurd that a BYU team in the Top 10 might end up in the Las Vegas Bowl and somebody from CUSA or the Sunbelt who would finish in the bottom half of the AAC goes to the Peach Bowl but that’s the way somebody figured it out.

Root for BYU to throttle Boise St this weekend. I think it was the FPI that had us as having the best chance of winning the conference and mostly because we play Cincinnati and SMU here.

one game at a time. Go to Annapolis and take care of business.

Initial AAC lines from Circa Sports:
Tulsa (-10) at Navy
SMU (-10) at Temple (seems low to me)
Tulane (-2) @ ECU
Cincinnati (-10) vs Houston
Memphis (-19) vs USF

If I were to bet, take Navy to cover, take SMU, ECU, Cincy, and Memphis.

Initial AAC lines from Circa Sports:
Tulsa (-10) at Navy
SMU (-10) at Temple (seems low to me)
Tulane (-2) @ ECU
Cincinnati (-10) vs Houston
Memphis (-19) vs USF

If I were to bet, take Navy to cover, take SMU, ECU, Cincy, and Memphis.
ECU gonna give Tulane a head stomping

Root for BYU to throttle Boise St this weekend. I think it was the FPI that had us as having the best chance of winning the conference and mostly because we play Cincinnati and SMU here.

one game at a time. Go to Annapolis and take care of business.
It’s the biggest home game ever for Boise. They got a bit of a QB controversy. It will be interesting to see if the
start the starter or the backup grad transfer from USC who is a hoss.

BYU will play on two days prep. They do not practice or do any organized team activities and are prohibited from asking players to do individual training, lifting, or game prep on their Sabbath. Tuesday nobody in college football can practice because the NCAA has canceled all practices for Election Day (which is absurd every other working young adult makes it to the polls with one hour off or after work/school). Thursday is a travel day for the Friday kickoff. So they get Monday and Wednesday in pads. They’ve had a couple of injuries in the secondary. It could get interesting. Their QB is electric, but keep an eye on Khyiris Tonga, their lead DL. Monster. Everywhere. Major disrupter. Boise has had trouble along the line early, particularly their center. If Tonga is quiet then Boise has a chance.

Friday night game late. Worth your time. It’s an elimination game for the Peach Bowl essentially. If Boise wins and wins out, we will never catch them in the polls, even if TU beats Cincy twice. It’s an elimination game for us too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
It’s the biggest home game ever for Boise. They got a bit of a QB controversy. It will be interesting to see if the
start the starter or the backup grad transfer from USC who is a hoss.

BYU will play on two days prep. They do not practice or do any organized team activities and are prohibited from asking players to do individual training, lifting, or game prep on their Sabbath. Tuesday nobody in college football can practice because the NCAA has canceled all practices for Election Day (which is absurd every other working young adult makes it to the polls with one hour off or after work/school). Thursday is a travel day for the Friday kickoff. So they get Monday and Wednesday in pads. They’ve had a couple of injuries in the secondary. It could get interesting. Their QB is electric, but keep an eye on Khyiris Tonga, their lead DL. Monster. Everywhere. Major disrupter. Boise has had trouble along the line early, particularly their center. If Tonga is quiet then Boise has a chance.

Friday night game late. Worth your time. It’s an elimination game for the Peach Bowl essentially. If Boise wins and wins out, we will never catch them in the polls, even if TU beats Cincy twice. It’s an elimination game for us too.
Remember it’s not the AP that is going to be the big play it’s the committee rankings that come out Nov 24. The committee might view it another way

Reactions: TU_BLA
Remember it’s not the AP that is going to be the big play it’s the committee rankings that come out Nov 24. The committee might view it another way
They are accountable to the TV industry and their egos crave confirmation from the pundits. There’s little chance of a discretionary bump of Tulsa over Boise. Reasonable minds can disagree but that’s the way I see it. It’s tough to argue for the last ten years we’ve been getting reffed out of games due to money concerns then think suddenly the committee will be totally fair. For you conspiracy theorists it’s more likely CCU or Marshall gets the nod, gets blown out by Georgia or whatever and that’s the argument for splitting the two divisions permanently.

Just being a realist but Cincinnati is the only AAC getting the Peach Bowl invite if the Champion from CUSA or Sunbelt is undefeated (also probably the MW). It will be hard to justify us or any other AAC making that big of a jump. Also the P5 schools worry that the AAC conference rankings have been much closer to their bottom 1-2 and would love to take us perceptually down a peg. Look for those committee members with ties to P5 pushing other conferences teams. Our best bet is Marshall, CCU and Boise all having losses.

Just being a realist but Cincinnati is the only AAC getting the Peach Bowl invite if the Champion from CUSA or Sunbelt is undefeated (also probably the MW). It will be hard to justify us or any other AAC making that big of a jump. Also the P5 schools worry that the AAC conference rankings have been much closer to their bottom 1-2 and would love to take us perceptually down a peg. Look for those committee members with ties to P5 pushing other conferences teams. Our best bet is Marshall, CCU and Boise all having losses.
If SMU blows us out and wins the Cincy rematch I could almost see them jumping undefeated Marshall CCU and Boise and getting the nod. But otherwise, totally agree.

The frustrating thing is the structure of the AAC bowl selection process and payouts. If we lose to SMU and Cincy, which could happen, we could end up with 3 losses and in the Frisco Bowl with half of the payout we would get if we beat SMU, plus we lose 5 of the allotted 15 practices for bowl games. Our season is over a week before Christmas and we bowl before JUCOs. Beat SMU and lose twice to Cincy and we double our money but still finish the day after Christmas. Beat SMU and beat Cincy once and we are likely playing on New Years Eve or Day but at a fraction of beating Cincy twice. Lots of pressure on the boys, assuming the take care of business the rest of the way.

This is an important note because this is Boise State's only chance for an impressive win. The MWC/WAC is really bad this year. The Wyoming and Hawaii game was damn near unwatchable. Hawaii's offensive line can't block a lick. Boise's two games have been blowouts and not competitive. I'm not sure there's another team in the MWC that will test Boise at all this year and it's not because Boise is some kind of juggernaut. The rest of the conference is that bad. This is why we need UCF and OKState to win as many games as possible (in addition to us winning out).

(which is absurd every other working young adult makes it to the polls with one hour off or after work/school).
TCC put a moratorium on meetings for tomorrow and to make allowances for people to vote. While you think an hour should suffice, in some places where precincts have been closed (usually poorer and mostly minority communities), the wait time on election day is several hours. Take a look at places like Texas, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Georgia where urban polling places have been consolidated to where 1 polling location is now serving what used to be 12-15 precincts. While in white suburbia, I have 3 polling places within a 10 minute walk of my house and I'd be surprised if any of them serve more than 2-3k voters. Quite honestly, it should be a Federal holiday...it happens 1x every 4 years. I'd rather see it as a Federal holiday than Columbus Day

If SMU blows us out and wins the Cincy rematch I could almost see them jumping undefeated Marshall CCU and Boise and getting the nod. But otherwise, totally agree.

The frustrating thing is the structure of the AAC bowl selection process and payouts. If we lose to SMU and Cincy, which could happen, we could end up with 3 losses and in the Frisco Bowl with half of the payout we would get if we beat SMU, plus we lose 5 of the allotted 15 practices for bowl games. Our season is over a week before Christmas and we bowl before JUCOs. Beat SMU and lose twice to Cincy and we double our money but still finish the day after Christmas. Beat SMU and beat Cincy once and we are likely playing on New Years Eve or Day but at a fraction of beating Cincy twice. Lots of pressure on the boys, assuming the take care of business the rest of the way.
I'm not worried about the players taking care of business...I'm worried about Monty. Smith threw a pick on the 1st offensive play the other day...I'd be shocked if we see more than 3-4 passes on 1st down this week. It wasn't a bad play call and it wasn't a bad read or decision by Smith (Santana was wide open), he just threw a poor pass.

What I anticipate this weekend is a whole lot of Prince and Wilkerson, and maybe some Lovick or Watkins if Taylor can't go. We should be able to manhandle Navy up front (key word, should).

Coastal Carolina is a really good team and they've beaten a P5. CUSA is awful. I don't think there is a quality win in the conference. Teams in CUSA beating up on each other is not a sign of parity in a good way, more a sign of mediocrity. I've said the same thing about the PAC 10/12/14 for many years.

This is an important note because this is Boise State's only chance for an impressive win. The MWC/WAC is really bad this year. The Wyoming and Hawaii game was damn near unwatchable. Hawaii's offensive line can't block a lick. Boise's two games have been blowouts and not competitive. I'm not sure there's another team in the MWC that will test Boise at all this year and it's not because Boise is some kind of juggernaut. The rest of the conference is that bad. This is why we need UCF and OKState to win as many games as possible (in addition to us winning out).

TCC put a moratorium on meetings for tomorrow and to make allowances for people to vote. While you think an hour should suffice, in some places where precincts have been closed (usually poorer and mostly minority communities), the wait time on election day is several hours. Take a look at places like Texas, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Georgia where urban polling places have been consolidated to where 1 polling location is now serving what used to be 12-15 precincts. While in white suburbia, I have 3 polling places within a 10 minute walk of my house and I'd be surprised if any of them serve more than 2-3k voters. Quite honestly, it should be a Federal holiday...it happens 1x every 4 years. I'd rather see it as a Federal holiday than Columbus Day
Wait times in excess of twenty minutes are typically caused by organized voting events showing up at early voting sites or selected precincts. If you tell 500 people to meet up at a church, you walk together to the early voting site built for 400 a day average volume based on historic polling data, then have your friend in the media there to cover the march ask the last person in line how long you waited, you get the result and the narrative you desire.

Cancelling practice for a full day or making it a holiday is about freeing up time for people to politically organize and demonstrate and provide them with a perceived reward, not actually voting. And that’s fine. That was the tradition in this country for more than a century. Let’s go back to that. I’ll meet you in the street with a jug of whiskey and my car loaded up from my yearly run to CostCo. But let’s call it for what it is. Not dance around it.

Last edited:
Wait times in excess of twenty minutes are typically caused by organized voting events showing up at early voting sites or selected precincts. If you tell 500 people to meet up at a church, you walk together to the early voting site built for 400 a day average volume based on historic polling data, then have your friend in the media there to cover the march ask the last person in line how long you waited, you get the result and the narrative you desire.
That's the point, the precincts built to handle 1000 voters a day are now having to service 10-15k because of the closure of polling places. It's designed to discourage voters perceived to vote for a particular party. While the incident you mention may occur, it's not the cause of the giant lines.

I would also suspect those who go immediately after work and have to wait several hours to vote because they're in a line with 1000 others who did the same is a problem. I'm sure we will also see several GOP challenges to allowing them to vote in places like Pennsylvania and Georgia, especially if they're urban polling places. (I know this is more of a Crossfire topic so I'll stop)

I'm not worried about the players taking care of business...I'm worried about Monty. Smith threw a pick on the 1st offensive play the other day...I'd be shocked if we see more than 3-4 passes on 1st down this week. It wasn't a bad play call and it wasn't a bad read or decision by Smith (Santana was wide open), he just threw a poor pass.

What I anticipate this weekend is a whole lot of Prince and Wilkerson, and maybe some Lovick or Watkins if Taylor can't go. We should be able to manhandle Navy up front (key word, should).
Yes, I’ve noticed a decided lull in the posting traffic about Smith just being the odd man out at Baylor from an offense change and that he is the savior of this program with NFL talent. The knocks on him that he couldn’t control the football at Baylor appear to be spot on. He can win games for us but we can’t expect him to win games for us. He might lose them. Look around the league and give me a list of conference QBs you’d rather have. I’m thinking 3 or 4 deep before I get to Smith. He’s got a turnover problem and he’s acknowledged it publicly several times, but he continues to throw erratically, mostly from rushed throws with unsettled feet as he slides a step or two. Out of the pocket he is fine, but a quick side step and throw under pressure and the ball could go anywhere. Not what we were promised and a lot closer to Cody Green than GJ Kinne.

Sure, there’s been some INTs caused by the WR making the wrong cut on choice routes. But we’ve seen enough to know that’s a secondary consideration. If he wants any kind of shot at the pros, he needs to take care of the football, now. It may be too late already. God love the kid, he’s just trying to compete, but the first half of UCF was a disaster and that was mostly on him. Once he only tried to do what he had to do, we were sailing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Agree at least 3/4 in conference (SMU, Memphis, Cincinnati and maybe Houston and ECU). Also within our own squad the ability to run might be more valuable than just pure passing skills. The defense doesn't respect Smith keeping on the read option. Also he doesn’t seem to want to pull the ball down and run through an open lane when the pass coverage dictates to do so. I like his arm strength but other things are important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT