ADVERTISEMENT

Let Illegals vote

While I realize it's more democratic votes, I have a hard time believing any sitting President would advocate citizens of other countries being able to vote in U.S. elections at any level. Do you have a link?

I'm having trouble finding that on Yahoo! News could you give a link

I doubt he's actually out right advocating illegals voting. Probably fighting the states trying to enact citizenship verification for registering

Heard about this on radio today, but they didn't give many specifics and i don't know if it links to Obama administration. It sounds to me like a states/districts attempt to circumvent the law and allow illegals to vote which is unlawful and would create a huge backlash of opinion.

I'm just not sure if the report is accurate. But it if so, is very scary.

Well....53% of Dems do think illegals should be able to vote in U.S. elections. So there's that.

Source: Rasmussen Polling 8-2015

Well....53% of Dems do think illegals should be able to vote in U.S. elections. So there's that.

Source: Rasmussen Polling 8-2015

Wow! Which countries can I enter illegally and vote?

Better question....what countries can you enter illegally where its citizens want to give you the right to vote in their elections?

Last edited:
If this were to be allowed, the entire structure of our society that has existed for over 230 years would be at risk of collapse. IMO it could lead to a possible insurrection. What madness.

Insurrection? I'm not aware of a lot of "overthrow the government" types in the immigrant population. Maybe among the individuals that hate immigrants.

Insurrection? I'm not aware of a lot of "overthrow the government" types in the immigrant population. Maybe among the individuals that hate immigrants.

Its not about "immigrants" (BTW I assume you mean the illegal variety), its about "allowing" illegals to vote. That is against the law. Its very clear and simple. Are you saying its OK for an illegal to vote? From previous posts of yours, I assume we agree on that.

What are you talking about? I'm saying talking about a Mexican insurrection is one of the more bizarre things I've read

What are you talking about? I'm saying talking about a Mexican insurrection is one of the more bizarre things I've read

I wasn't talking about a Mexican revolt, but a voter insurrection/revolt against a govt that would allow illegals to vote as if they were citizens. But rereading my post, I see how it could be taken differently. My bad.

How about some data that before all these Republican efforts to disenfranchise minority voters that voter fraud is even a measurable problem?

This kind of political misrepresentation is just another effort of establishment white guys to hang on to power in the face of changing demographics.

Clearly like other forms of fear mongering, it works regardless of reality.

Is it possible to disenfranchise illegals who don't have the right to vote in the first place?

I have a driver's license. I know people who do not drive but have an ID. You have to have an ID to buy some meds, cash a check, buy alcohol, borrow money and a lot of other things. When I vote they ask for my ID. I pull it out. I just saw the human in front of me asked for theirs. I don't think that they are trying to stop senior white men from voting.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The data that the problem existed is not there. The data that all these efforts disenfranchis legal voters in minorities is.

There is some limited data. How accurate or reliable it is is hard to know for sure and there may have been subsequent contradictory studies that I haven't seen. The study does come to the conclusion that existing voter ID requirements are pretty ineffective at stopping it though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ld-non-citizens-decide-the-november-election/

And also their response to critiques of their research

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...vote-in-u-s-elections-a-reply-to-our-critics/

Last edited:
How about some data that before all these Republican efforts to disenfranchise minority voters that voter fraud is even a measurable problem?

This kind of political misrepresentation is just another effort of establishment white guys to hang on to power in the face of changing demographics.

Clearly like other forms of fear mongering, it works regardless of reality.

There doesn't have to be any "data". This is not a game we are playing, its the foundation of our democracy and we have to be absolutely certain that no voter fraud can ever happen - none whatsovever - by anyone - period.

Now don't start playing your dXXX games here. This is serious business. We make sure a witness in a trial is who they say they are. We make sure a person in a car accident is "that" person. As a matter of fact, we make sure a person purchasing a gun is who they say they are. You agree with that I assume. No, this is a ridiculous notion that no-one needs to have proof of who they are. Try to purchase a car or a house or open a bank account wo proper ID and someone will call the cops. voting is at least as important as that. Its not a game!

This doesn't even have to happen . Merely by supporting it the Democrats lock in the Hispanic vote . There are not a lot of Bulgarians here illegally. The Democrats gain by insuring that the lkeep the legal Hispanic vote, which is they fastest growing group for the future.

Last edited:
A few years ago, i believe in Arkansas, they removed the party affiliation D, R, I, . . .from the ballot. The Democrats went crazy. Their "people" did not know who to vote for.

I think I acknowledged the limitations of their study. However, since we're talking about voter ID, non-citizen voting overall is very much relevant.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about voter fraud.

I am addressing the fact that the Obama favors not requiring proof of citizenship to register to vote. Or just allowing illegals to vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT