ADVERTISEMENT

LATEST COACHES POLL

No worries mate. Once we have a credible defense, we'll crack the top 25. I know we lost the game yesterday thanks to :crap: refereeing, but remember when it was 3rd and 1 for Navy they converted, then were penalized for holding? 3rd and 11, they converted, penalized for a fat lineman getting too far downfield, penalized 5 yards. 3rd and 16 and they converted? That's why lost that game yesterday. The defense OWNS the loss in my opinion. They didn't give up at the end, but they own the loss. I think there's enough residual talent on offense to carry over next year even with a new QB for us to get up there in short order.

And another silver lining to this cloud: I have little worry of Monty getting poached by other programs at this point. He hasn't won the big games. Lost both the big ones that were in conference. So we needn't panic about him leaving until he can recruit better and field a more robust team.

And another silver lining to this cloud: I have little worry of Monty getting poached by other programs at this point. He hasn't won the big games. Lost both the big ones that were in conference. So we needn't panic about him leaving until he can recruit better and field a more robust team.
Don't be worried about the big programs. Be worried about a Kentucky or Ole Miss or Cal or Texas Tech.

They are money, fan support, competition, exposure and facility promotions. I would be worried if any of those schools came calling.

Tech can't afford Kingsbury's buyout, rumored to be close to $10M this year. I don't know that Ole Miss is going to part ways with Friese this year and it would be hard to lure a top notch coach in with major NCAA penalties looming. It's hard to figure what Kentucky will do with Stoops but he has done about as well there as you can realistically expect. Their issues is the same as Kansas', it's a basketball school and they will never compete in football with Florida, Tennessee, etc. on a consistent basis. Cal- I don't think Monty is the right fit there and he probably would feel the same. I think when he wants to move up, a P5 close to TX where he could recruit heavily in TX. A Big XII school, a western SEC school. While I have no doubt he wants to have that P5 chance, Indont really think he's pimping himself for any P5.

Those programs may pay a little more, however they are career enders for up and coming coaches!

How about Monty staying here at Tulsa and making us a powerhouse football team. Its a great place to live and he has great job security. Kragthorpe didn't prosper after leaving for Louisville and Graham is having a crap year. Stay right here Monty.

Reactions: TU_BLA
How about Monty staying here at Tulsa and making us a powerhouse football team. Its a great place to live and he has great job security. Kragthorpe didn't prosper after leaving for Louisville and Graham is having a crap year. Stay right here Monty.

As much as we all would like this, it isn't going to happen without a huge increase in fan support, especially $$$$ support, attendance and fair and equal treatment from the local media!! TU has been jousting with these windmills for many years. We've won some and lost too many.

As much as we all would like this, it isn't going to happen without a huge increase in fan support, especially $$$$ support, attendance and fair and equal treatment from the local media!! TU has been jousting with these windmills for many years. We've won some and lost too many.
On the media side, Big Al, and Ch. 8 have been gung ho on Tulsa the last few weeks. John Moss is in good with TU right now and he's a big supporter of TU things. I am surprised by Al's support TBH. Cayden McFarland has been pro-TU too. Screw the World.

but the Tulsa Worlds sports editor goes rogue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT