ADVERTISEMENT

Last Time An At Large Was This Criticized

With all due respect to PhogBot, no one in the history of the NCAA tourney has been more vilified, dissed on, downgraded, joked about, reviled, bad-mouthed, hated on, criticized, etc... in a 24 hour period since selections than TU. I swear, turn on any Bracketology show anywhere,anytime & it won't take 5 minutes for some expert to start in on the team or the coach with their crap. If it didn't piss me off so much I might begin to believe it.
Never in my 35 years of being hard-core TU do I want our team to win a game so bad, and when & if it happens, to tell the 80 bracketologists & every single talking head on sports tv to "suck on that you scumsuckers"!

I love the villification Tulsa has been talked about more in the past 24 hours than we would've this entire basketball season combined if we made the NIT.

Plus I can't wait for Birt to stare down a mouthy underclassman of Michigan like he did Shake

Well, there's one who doesn't suck nearly as much as all the others, God Bless Coach Pete Gillen for the kind words about TU & Shaq & Juice. That's because "he knows" having called a couple of Tulsa's games earlier in the season. However, even he picks Mich by a point-why am I not surprised.

I'm surprised nobody is mentioning what a realistic shot we have at hitting the Sweet 16.
I think everyone is still wondering what team is going to show up. I still have the previous game burned in my mind. If they play like we all know they can, this team can go as far as they want!

I think Michigan is beatable if the guys can hit shots. Notre Dame and West Virginia wouldn't be my idea of a realistic shot at the sweet 16.

Meed to play at the level we were playing vs teams like SMU and Cinci and not like the last 3. If so we have a shot at it.

Was something said to the media by Frank Haith today? I was listening to college sports radio on XM. I don't know who the two guys were but they were talking about the Tulsa/Michigan game and one of them said they're taking Michigan only because of what Frank Haith said today. They said "you can't get a tournament birth gift wrapped to you and then complain like he just did"

What did I miss?

Was something said to the media by Frank Haith today? I was listening to college sports radio on XM. I don't know who the two guys were but they were talking about the Tulsa/Michigan game and one of them said they're taking Michigan only because of what Frank Haith said today. They said "you can't get a tournament birth gift wrapped to you and then complain like he just did"

What did I miss?
I heard that as well. I couldn't decide if the two guys knew what the hell they were talking about or not. They pointed out that we were bad on D on the perimeter and that we couldn't bang around Michigan down low. I think we've been bad on D on the perimeter because most of the teams we've played have had height advantages down low and we played a ton of zone to compensate. That left holes on the perimeter. I don't see us needing to bang down low to win either.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Absolutely must play more man and stay home...
It's time for our bigs to carry their load down low and our guards to play havoc outside.

Not a word about Haith saying anything today on Twitter.

So whoever said that was is full of crap.

Shocking.

Maybe they're referring to this?

"What a blessing. God is so good. These guys deserve to play in the tournament. I’m so happy for them.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT