ADVERTISEMENT

Krysten Sinema... the John McCain of our time.

I like her but I like Joe Manchin more.
Manchin is, and has been, the only reliably conservative Democrat in the Senate for years. He hardly aligns with the party’s core principles.

I would be surprised if Sienna keeps her seat after this though. Republicans in her state will still want a Republican and Democrats won’t trust her. She doesn’t have the track record or cache that McCain had when he crossed party lines.

Manchin is, and has been, the only reliably conservative Democrat in the Senate for years. He hardly aligns with the party’s core principles.

I would be surprised if Sienna keeps her seat after this though. Republicans in her state will still want a Republican and Democrats won’t trust her. She doesn’t have the track record or cache that McCain had when he crossed party lines.
Nobody knows where she is coming from. A reputation for obscurity is rarely a winner in politics.

Reactions: Clong83a
McCain is a decent comparison. Arizona likes electing Senators that are openly antagonistic to their own party. Something about the independent streak in AZ culture I guess. I wouldn't bet against her winning several terms.

Reactions: TUMe
McCain is a decent comparison. Arizona likes electing Senators that are openly antagonistic to their own party. Something about the independent streak in AZ culture I guess. I wouldn't bet against her winning several terms.
But she is not openly antagonistic. She is hardly talking.

But she is not openly antagonistic. She is hardly talking.

A few months back when killing the filibuster was being debated and she was catching heat for opposing, she posted a picture on social media of her sipping a drink while wearing a ring that said **** Off

A few months back when killing the filibuster was being debated and she was catching heat for opposing, she posted a picture on social media of her sipping a drink while wearing a ring that said **** Off
Point well taken.

She can antagonize but does not explain why.

McCain kept his seat for decades not because of his political stances but because of his military service. It wasn’t until late in his career that his moderation became a selling point for him.

Reactions: watu05

she is not a rubber stamp for the party. wish we had more like her on both sides

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT