ADVERTISEMENT

Krebs Italian

old.guy

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2005
Is Pete's Place still the best of the Italian restaurants in Krebs, Okla.? It's been several years since I've eaten at any of them.

Pete's is the biggest and most popular among non-locals. I've tried several cases down there, and from my very non-scientific survey, the locals like Giacomo's the best with Rosana's a close 2nd. I also really enjoyed Isle of Capri.

Barrister, I've eaten at all of those you mention except Rosanna's, and enjoyed them all, but it's been years -- probably 25 years or more in the case of Giacomo's. I'm thinking of making the drive, with my adult kids and their families, to Krebs specifically to eat Italian food. My original question was prompted by a couple of online reviews I read, presumably by ordinary customers, that were unflattering to Giacomo's and Isle of Capri.

Giacomo's and Isle of Capri aren't nearly as "pretty" as Pete's. But the locals seem to like the actual flavor of the food better. Rosanna's is my favorite. It has been recently remodeled and the food is excellent. Rosanna's is just down the street from Pete's and Isle of Capri. Giacomo's is across the highway in McAlester. If you go to Rosanna's, I would highly recommend the toasted ravioli appetizers. Very Yummy!!!!

I've also eaten them all........Isle of Capri for me and my family. Food is GREAT, I can't say that I've had anything bad there and I love those damn French Fries they give you with your meal.....YES, I said French Fries. Oh hell, they call them something else like, "Italian fries" but they're French Fries to me and some how, some way it works.

Giacomos and Isle of Capri are my stops -- I was just talking about Krebs and how weird there is this outpost of GREAT Italian food in Southeast Oklahoma of all places
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by NO-Orange:

Giacomos and Isle of Capri are my stops -- I was just talking about Krebs and how weird there is this outpost of GREAT Italian food in Southeast Oklahoma of all places
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Early Italian immigration to work in the area's coal mining industry I think???? Someone correct if this is wrong....

Go TU!!!

Good job Geo.

You guys have given me a hankering for good Italian food. I may need to make a trip to Krebs this weekend.

Here is the Blurb from NewsOK.com

Italian history in Oklahoma

Updated: Thu, Jun 24, 2010 |
comment_icon.gif
Leave a comment

Overpopulation and poverty in Italy caused more than 4 million Italians to immigrate to America between 1870 and 1914. Most of those who found their way to Oklahoma settled in the coal-producing communities in Pittsburg County and in the Choctaw Nation. With the decline of coal and the rise of oil, the Italian mining population diminished as many migrated to other parts of the country. In 1926, some 200 Italian families left the small town of Krebs, known statewide for its Italian heritage.

This post was edited on 6/20 12:00 PM by BasPlayr

Originally posted by Tu Geo:

Originally posted by NO-Orange:

3dsmile.r191677.gif

Early Italian immigration to work in the area's coal mining industry I think???? Someone correct if this is wrong....

Go TU!!!
yep -- that's my understanding

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT