ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Hill comment on TU recruiting

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Here's an excerpt from an article in the Woodward paper...

Hill, a Booker T. Washington High product from Tulsa, is excited to play the Golden Hurricanes, who didn’t recruit him out of high school.

“They didn’t offer me so there wasn’t nothing to turn down,” Hill said. “No hard feelings or anything. They didn’t recruit much people from the Tulsa area so I only know about one person on the team.”

------------------

Aside from the fact an in-state publication put an "s" on the end of Hurricane, what is Hill talking about? TU "didn't recruit much people from the Tulsa area." Really? I guess he's not counting the 13 players on Tulsa's roster that are from the city of Tulsa...and the other 9 from the Tulsa Metro area. That's 25% of the current roster. There are 38 Oklahomans, almost half of the roster. TU signed 5 kids from the Tulsa Metro in the 2017 class.

And if I dove into the number of Tulsa Metro kids that Tulsa offered or recruited that went to other schools, then it makes his statement even crazier. In fact, TU was an early offer for Justice's younger brother, Dax, at BTW.

That just seemed like a really odd...and very uninformed...statement for him to make.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News