ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
This guy is an absolute tool. Just because his made up and secret metrics used to glorify the darlings of ESPN was soooo wrong, he's acting the fool, whining, crying, etc

His analysis never made any sense and I think a number of our posters pointed this out over the past weeks. I really can't believe ESPN pays him to spew his bias.

Give me CTT any day over this jerk. CTT actually gives a fair analysis of the teams and what they needed to do or didn't do, to get an at large bid.

I don't have a Twitter account but those of you that do, feel free to put this egotistical pencil pusher in his place.

Joe Lunardi Senior Writer, ESPN.com
lunardi_joe_m.jpg

Quick thoughts on my misses: Vandy (defensible pick), Syracuse (borderline at best) and Tulsa (indefensible by every conceivable standard).

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Listen to Andy Katz diss Tulsa too. These guys can not put 2-3 teams together and look at top 50 wins top 100 wins 200+ losses, SOS, RPI and the other rating metrics, and see the difference in teams. Geez, with Monmouth having a SOS of 166 and 3 losses by 200+ teams, few top 50 wins, etc, it's pretty darn easy to see why Tulsa was chosen over them and some other schools.

Listen to Katz's lack of understanding.

http://www.secsports.com/video/14973548

I can fault them for a lot of things. If they were impartial it might be different, but they aren't.

I just saw a whole deal about Monmouth and didn't see the big deal. We had them on the majority of metrics.

To me, TU's metrics are fine. In fact, they stack up well with the other bubble teams.

The problem was the HISTORICAL collapse during the Memphis game. That was such a terrible performance that everyone (including TU fans) decided that they we no longer NCAA worthy.

Reactions: scotty0912
Only team that has a legit complaint is St. Bonnie. They deserved a bid over Vandy, Tulsa, Michigan, Temple, Cincy, WSU and Syracuse.

Reactions: scotty0912
Only team that has a legit complaint is St. Bonnie. They deserved a bid over Vandy, Tulsa, Michigan, Temple, Cincy, WSU and Syracuse.
I don't think so. Cuse beat them head to head without Boeheim they also had fewer elite wins than Tulsa, an easier OOC SOS, and an "anchor" loss to La Salle who is +200 RPI on top of several +100 losses similar to Tulsa's.

I didn't even watch the Memphis game. Pundits said we were first four out and we lost. Didn't matter if it was by 1 point or 101 points, if you assumed we were already out then you expected to stay out.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I didn't even watch the Memphis game. Pundits said we were first four out and we lost. Didn't matter if it was by 1 point or 101 points, if you assumed we were already out then you expected to stay out.
That was the real problem. For the whole season personalities have been saying we don't deserve in, so when we find out they were all really wrong to begin with, they all get angry.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Per the Bracket Matrix, TU was still in 44 of the brackets prior to the tourney game vs. Memphis.

A hard fought, one point loss wouldn't nearly have been perceived as bad as the embarrassment on Friday night.

Lunardi has bad teeth. Not made for tv by any means in the HD age.

Correct...bracket matrix had TU in one bracket after the Memphis debacle. Prior to the Memphis game, TU was in 44 brackets.

I heard he's having them change the BPI Formula starting next year to deduct 2 pts from Tulsa for each game they play and give them to Syracuse.

Next year, he's totally not going to give us credit for all our seniors from this year. That will show us.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If we win games in the tournament he'll probably cry that it's not fair we have so many seniors and most of the other teams have 1 and done freshmen. Then accuse us of cheating.

Correct...bracket matrix had TU in one bracket after the Memphis debacle. Prior to the Memphis game, TU was in 44 brackets.

That one add was late Sunday. We weren't it before the AAC Championship.

Regardless, the ESPN hate has been there all year. We were well deserving of a bid until the Memphis game and we're still first out/last in while Temple and UConn were ahead of us.

I watched ESPN and CBS shows today about the tourney and not ONE person knew TU's resume yet all talked about the shock and awe of us being in.

Seriously, the CBS guy literally had nothing to say on our match up with Michigan except that we had good guard play (as highlights of Wright and Swanny were playing) then said we good inside players (it switched to Shaq drives and Woodard hitting threes) and he said we were a great shooting team but that Michigan would win because they had great guards. He listed their wins and losses but only that we lost to Memphis twice badly.

ESPN just said it was a travesty because Monmouth and others had a much better resume.

No one has really researched Tulsa except the damn committee (and whatever that mock committee was) then evidenced again by the post on USAToday saying we only had 3 wins vs the bracket.

Why? I don't know. This is their job, right???

It's not Haith and cheating because all they said about SMU all year was how the sanctions were wrong because they penalized the players that were there and that bonehiney and Syracuse should get a pass for the games he was suspended for.

The important thing is that the right people did the right research and we can laugh at others laziness and ignorance and enjoy an NCAA game or two even though we are as surprised as anyone!

It's nice being on this side of things for once!!!

That one add was late Sunday. We weren't it before the AAC Championship.

Regardless, the ESPN hate has been there all year. We were well deserving of a bid until the Memphis game and we're still first out/last in while Temple and UConn were ahead of us.

I watched ESPN and CBS shows today about the tourney and not ONE person knew TU's resume yet all talked about the shock and awe of us being in.

Seriously, the CBS guy literally had nothing to say on our match up with Michigan except that we had good guard play (as highlights of Wright and Swanny were playing) then said we good inside players (it switched to Shaq drives and Woodard hitting threes) and he said we were a great shooting team but that Michigan would win because they had great guards. He listed their wins and losses but only that we lost to Memphis twice badly.

ESPN just said it was a travesty because Monmouth and others had a much better resume.

No one has really researched Tulsa except the damn committee (and whatever that mock committee was) then evidenced again by the post on USAToday saying we only had 3 wins vs the bracket.

Why? I don't know. This is their job, right???

It's not Haith and cheating because all they said about SMU all year was how the sanctions were wrong because they penalized the players that were there and that bonehiney and Syracuse should get a pass for the games he was suspended for.

The important thing is that the right people did the right research and we can laugh at others laziness and ignorance and enjoy an NCAA game or two even though we are as surprised as anyone!

It's nice being on this side of things for once!!!

The early matrix had 59 brackets... the final list had 144. We were in one of 144.

However, the true numbers were in our favor... its just the media (who is never unbiased) that cannot comprehend it.

The media knows and understands why we are in, they just don't like it so they make excuses.

Loonardi was just angry he was wrong. What an ass!

You cant really fault him for being upset we got in.

Not a single person on this board thought we had a prayer to get in.
That because most of us gave too much credence to what these so-called "experts" we're spouting. In essence most of these experts are nothing more than paid lobbyists

Media plays up the teams they are paid to play up. If you work for ESPN you play up the P5 as much as you can. CBS isn't much better. Other media play to their local fan base. Pretty good reason why the team is being roasted by other media, fans listen too much to talking heads. Tulsa is playing a pretty young team. The players need to make them look like a young team.

I heard an interview with Lunardi and I didn't realize how full of himself he was. HD continuously mentioned how good he is at his job and how the committee continues to slip while he continues to do a great job.

I heard an interview with Lunardi and I didn't realize how full of himself he was. HD continuously mentioned how good he is at his job and how the committee continues to slip while he continues to do a great job.

All I can say to that is its a big pile of BS. For weeks he was pushing schools with worse resumes than us. There are still teams seeded ahead of us with poorer resumes. We were the last school in but compare us to Michigan. Our resume is better. Their win over Indiana pushed them in.

Lunardi is so full of himself and can't take the truth. I wish they didn't even do projected brackets. Let the committee do their job.

I'm so tired of others following his lead on Twitter. No one bothers to get the facts. I saw someone tweet last night that with all the fuss over Tulsa getting in, should have been over Vandy after they got beat by WSU by 20. However, he didn't mention we beat WSU

And another talking head on ESPN was saying to watch out for Iona upsetting Iowa State. But they failed to mention we beat Iona and Iona beat their darling Monmouth twice. Lol at them all. I sure hope we beat Michigan, otherwise we'll be the butt of all jokes again.

And another darling St Marys squeaked by NM St by 2 at home.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT