ADVERTISEMENT

It's still with us...Covid spiking this summer

Only 43% of those polled say they will get the booster which leaves quite a large pool of people for the virus to continue to both spread the virus and support its mutation into variants. It will be with us for a long, long time.
Viruses follow similar patterns whether they are something serious like covid 19, or much less serious and not vaccinated for or not a very wide spread vaccination in the populace. More often than not, they settle into a non serious strain in both situations.

Yes, either way covid 19 will be with us for a long time regardless of the % of vaccinations. But it can move to a less serious strain sometimes regardless of the % of vaccinations. Right now it is proving that, in that the current variations are much less serious than those before, and will likely continue to be less serious. Yes the vaccination % could affect how long it takes covid to settle into a minor virus, but this is not always the case.

IMO, there is no reason to be excessively worried about covid at the moment. These opinions are not just based on what is in the news right now. Several articles I have read over the whole time since the pandemic are pointing me in this direction, as well as recent reports on the status of covid 19.

Only 43% of those polled say they will get the booster which leaves quite a large pool of people for the virus to continue to both spread the virus and support its mutation into variants. It will be with us for a long, long time.
You appear to have a basic lack of understanding on how viruses operate on a global scale. We could booster 90% of our population and it would have little effect on mutations into variants due to:

1). This is a global pandemic. Even if we vaccinated 300M Americans there would still be billions upon billions of non booster people worldwide. 300M is but a drop in the bucket when compared to the global population. Covid will mutate and spread from continent to continent like it has for the past three years

2). To date CoVID vaccinations and boosters have a relatively short shelf life as far as significantly preventing infections. Thinking you’re protected against being infected 180 days after the vaccine/booster probably isn’t accurate.

As Gmoney stated, mutations aren’t necessarily a bad thing. Most viruses become less severe as they mutate. Covid has followed this trend.

You appear to have a basic lack of understanding on how viruses operate on a global scale. We could booster 90% of our population and it would have little effect on mutations into variants due to:

1). This is a global pandemic. Even if we vaccinated 300M Americans there would still be billions upon billions of non booster people worldwide. 300M is but a drop in the bucket when compared to the global population. Covid will mutate and spread from continent to continent like it has for the past three years

2). To date CoVID vaccinations and boosters have a relatively short shelf life as far as significantly preventing infections. Thinking you’re protected against being infected 180 days after the vaccine/booster probably isn’t accurate.

As Gmoney stated, mutations aren’t necessarily a bad thing. Most viruses become less severe as they mutate. Covid has followed this trend.
Mutations do a sequence something like this:

Bad Mutation, Bad Mutation, Very Bad Mutation,(Beta) Good Mutation
Bad Mutation, Good Mutation, Very Good Mutation
Bad Mutation, Good Mutation, Very Bad Mutation,
Good Mutation, Bad Mutation, Very Good Mutation, Very Very Good Mutation.

Hopefully that latter Very Bad Mutation won't catch us off guard, or lead Democrats to say woe is me.

I seriously think the Democrats will be saying it's the end of the world, when that final hurrah of the Covid 19 threat comes through.(last bolded very bad mutation)

Last edited:
Viruses follow similar patterns whether they are something serious like covid 19, or much less serious and not vaccinated for or not a very wide spread vaccination in the populace. More often than not, they settle into a non serious strain in both situations.
There are multiple variants and while one can hope that most will be more benign versions, less benign versions are also possible. About 11% of infected people still contract Covid which can be both long lasting (years) and can attack almost any system in the body. Vaccinations reduce the Long Covid effects.

Last edited:
Covid is not just the flu.
https://tulsahttps://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/how-covid-affects-the-heart/
How COVID Can Affect the Heart in the Long Term

The potential for cardiovascular complications doesn’t go away after someone has recovered from COVID. A large 2022 study tracking medical records of 691,455 patients in the United States found that people had a significantly higher risk of developing virtually all heart-related diseases in the year after a COVID infection. According to the research, people were 1.5 times more likely to have a stroke, nearly twice as likely to have a heart attack, and had between 1.6 and 2.4 times the risk of developing different types of arrhythmias.

There are multiple variants and while one can hope that most will be more benign versions, less benign versions are also possible. About 11% of infected people still contract Covid which can be both long lasting (years) and can attack almost any system in the body. Vaccinations reduce the Long Covid effects.
Of course that is true, so what? Viruses always start out less benign and ratchet themselves up and down to a more benign state. It's just a matter of how much time that takes. Covid 19 is on a road that implies it will be relatively quick. The recent variants are not serious, and probably won't be through fall and winter. 🙏

That doesn't mean we won't be faced with a few more serious strains than the past year. It also means the sky is not falling. I seriously doubt we will face a state similar to the height of the pandemic, but there is always that possibility. I won't let that possibility dictate how I live my life now.

I'm repeating myself because your responses don't appear to be extremely rational on this issue. So I'll shut up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT