ADVERTISEMENT

Is the 2011 team the unluckiest of all time?

You're confusing our p5 record with games against the top 25. We have done pretty well against the non-P5 top 25 under previous coaches.
I’m not confusing anything... and not really, no we haven’t. Graham was incredibly hit or miss. He got destroyed by quite a few good teams and played a few others close. (Winning 2 - UCF 08 and over ranked Hawaii in 2010)

Blank just got destroyed. He didn’t really get to play a great team in 2011 or 2012 and he ranked in 2013+2014.

In the end, it’s win or lose, one year of having bad luck is ok, but 3 in a row, something is up with the coaching, either he wins this year or he needs to be gone!

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Yeah, “we lost, but the games were close” doesn’t do it for me. We also eeked out two of our four wins by three points a piece and nearly blew both of those games. I don’t agree with those who say Monty is a bad coach, but a 4-8 team that played in a bunch of close games and lost them is a bad team. It wasn’t embarrassing, but still bad.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Yeah, “we lost, but the games were close” doesn’t do it for me. We also eeked out two of our four wins by three points a piece and nearly blew both of those games. I don’t agree with those who say Monty is a bad coach, but a 4-8 team that played in a bunch of close games and lost them is a bad team. It wasn’t embarrassing, but still bad.
No argument there. They should have done better. I said earlier in the thread that this should be his last hurrah if it goes poorly again. I do think there's something to be said about keeping a team that's suffered so many L's in the last 3 years at least somewhat competitive on a weekly basis... but we shouldn't always have to play everyone so close just to get W's. You've got to be able to grind some of the lower teams into dust if you want to actually be successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT