ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State

goldenhurricane2

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2006
They’re 1-2 with a loss at Missouri and a home loss to Milwaukee. They did hang a ton of points on ASU, but they also gave up a ton of points as well...

The game against Appalachian St looked like an old Loyola Marymount game. Not sure Prohm thinks he can score enough points with a traditional half court set because ISU's defense is a special sort of bad...like NBA All Star game bad. App St simply couldn't hit enough open shots in the middle of the game to keep up.

I do think this will test our outside shooting a little more. We will need to be better than 3-18 from 3.

Reactions: loca2874
If ISU shoots like they did last night we could be in big trouble. They were lighting it up from deep which is one of our weaknesses. If we get past ISU I’m betting we see the Redbirds in the final.

They had 2 big guys miss the first couple games. The better of the two (Lard) was a huge mismatch for App State. The other with the huge knee brace mostly sat under the basket and tried to take charges. I agree that once they get all the transfers on the same page and really get their star recruit going that they'll be a better team than they are right now.

Another interesting storyline for today's game.

Iowa State was really interested in Joiner, but backed off when they got a surprise commitment from top 50 recruit Lindell Wigginton. Two days later, Joiner committed to TU. Up to that point, it was assumed that Wigginton was headed to Oregon, but he changed his mind in part because Oregon got a commitment from... VJ Bailey.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT