ADVERTISEMENT

Interview with Coach Mongomery

Not surprised to see that the defensive line surprised him. But was really happy to hear that the receivers were the surprise on offense. Would have loved it if the running backs were the surprise on offense tho.

I can see where he'd be surprised by most of the offense because what is on film last year is not too positive for the most part. What you don't see on film is the individual skill level and talent a lot of the pieces on offense possess because they simply weren't put in positions to win with the scheme that was in place last year. I think the defense may have some of that going on as well (and injuries to the D-line who we expected to contribute). Reports from practices, Hoover's article about the D last week, some quotes from players already here talking about how different the scheme is in terms of adjustments versus the basic 4-3 in place last year. Most telling thing is it's still a 4-3 but it's not the same 4-3 as last year. We do still need a couple of playmakers at the back end of the D and maybe those guys are on campus or coming in, who knows but if this D can reduce the per play avg to 4 from 6.5, this team will be in a better position to win a lot more immediately. I just think there is a lot of talent on offense and in the right system these guys are going to explode. Keevan Lucas will be a Biletnikoff finalist before its all said and done.

"Best conditioned team on the field"

That sounds familiar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT