ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article about Coach Graham saying Tulsa good coaching job.. ...

Well, we owe you one Todd.

Carbon copy to Pat Jones.

Nice bolster remark from him at the end: "I'm serious when I say ..." It's refreshing to know that he realizes that most people think he is full of it most of the time, so he has to signal that he isn't lying for something he is about to say to be taken seriously.

Thanks Todd. You did your job well here. And it's good to see that you are no longer publicly saying you did it alone.

Fact is that just about every coach I can think of - with the exception of a couple - would probably say TU was a good or even a great job compared to most of the others. Ask John Cooper (HOF). Don't ask Keith Burns. Fact is that a bad coach thinks its a bad job and a good coach thinks its a good one. Stands to reason. Winning is everything. Everyone thought Steve was a great coach here, but in Louisville he's disliked.

Ask Bob Simmons if OSU was a good job. Ask him at the half of the TU game in 1998 in Tulsa when he was losing by 4 TDs to a 4-7 Dave Rader team. Was OSU a good job compared to TU then?

The arrogance of this little Razorback wannabee (Jones) is annoying and kinda funny. Jones recruited players like himself who didn't care about academics and integrity. Lets face it, one of the legacies of the Pat Jones era was a string of lawbreaking, academic absentees who were on the fringes of civilized society. But as long as they could run faster and roid up, they were part of the program.

IMO

This post was edited on 12/27 11:23 AM by rabidTU

I'm enjoying watching ASU overwhelm Puke.

Tested the waters a bit, didn't know if they would let my comment be posted, but they, but they did, but they d... and I thank u!

This post was edited on 12/27 4:25 PM by Gmoney4WW

I always find it interesting that winners (Self and Graham and even Krag who wanted to come back) talk about how great a TU job is and losers give excuses as to why a head TU position sucks and that there are "challenges".

thanks graham

When Krag didn't want to come back, when he was newly hired at Louisville, he said some nasty and unnecessary things about TU.

For all the times I watched Graham act like a classless idiot, he has consistently been kind in his remarks about TU. I can't say the same about Krag. Makes you stop and wonder who truly has the most character.

Krag has been through a lot, so I'm not going to hate on him, but he doesn't deserve any credit for post-TU remarks.

Originally posted by HuffyCane:
When Krag didn't want to come back, when he was newly hired at Louisville, he said some nasty and unnecessary things about TU.

For all the times I watched Graham act like a classless idiot, he has consistently been kind in his remarks about TU. I can't say the same about Krag. Makes you stop and wonder who truly has the most character.

Krag has been through a lot, so I'm not going to hate on him, but he doesn't deserve any credit for post-TU remarks.
When and where did Krag say these alleged bad things?

Huffy is correct Krag did say some things that burned bridges on the way out, it came back to haunt him when he attempted a return. I love Krag for all that he did to breath life back into the program. If you recall when Graham left for Rice we struggled that year and then Krags left. Do not underestimate what Graham did for TU. Yes he is controversial in his approach, but Graham was instrumental in setting the stage for a coach like Monty to elevate to the next level. IMHO

I really can't blame Coach Graham for leaving when he did. He did too many good things for the Tulsa program to hate on him.

This post was edited on 1/1 1:51 PM by TulsaEye

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT