ADVERTISEMENT

Inside the Numbers - Week 11 (from Chad Bonham)

This is a fantastic read thanks for putting it together Chad. Really enjoyed it.

Flanders needs 190 yards to become the leading rusher in a season? Gotta think that's possible at Cindy (someone spell checked Cinci to Cindy in a post and I'm going with it). Certainly with the bowl.

Reactions: cbonham
Hines just tweeted that TU's OL was not included among the 18 semi-finalists for the Joe Moore Aware which is given to the best OL unit. Not sure what the hell this committee is looking at or watching. Then again, it's another chip on the shoulder for this team. Cincy is in trouble.

Reactions: quincy101
This is a fantastic read thanks for putting it together Chad. Really enjoyed it.

Flanders needs 190 yards to become the leading rusher in a season? Gotta think that's possible at Cindy (someone spell checked Cinci to Cindy in a post and I'm going with it). Certainly with the bowl.

He needs 191 to tie Tarrion Adams (2008). Probably will take two games considering the shared load between he and Brewer, but you never know.

What's even crazier is that Brewer needs 234 yards to have the second most yards in a season. We could have the top 2 rushing performances in the same year!

cb

He needs 191 to tie Tarrion Adams (2008). Probably will take two games considering the shared load between he and Brewer, but you never know.

What's even crazier is that Brewer needs 234 yards to have the second most yards in a season. We could have the top 2 rushing performances in the same year!

cb
Lol sharing time doesn't seem to slow him down, with over 160 against UCF and 180 against ECU. Wonder if Monty might give him some more carries too if he's close. No matter what, having two top 5 rushers in the same season is absolutely crazy! I hope he gets it. Love Tarrion but Flanders embracing his role and stepping up and all has been pretty darn special to watch.

Lol sharing time doesn't seem to slow him down, with over 160 against UCF and 180 against ECU. Wonder if Monty might give him some more carries too if he's close. No matter what, having two top 5 rushers in the same season is absolutely crazy! I hope he gets it. Love Tarrion but Flanders embracing his role and stepping up and all has been pretty darn special to watch.
Tarion Adams is one of my all time favorite players to play at TU. Just one heck of a football player.

I doubt Flanders gets more reps for that purpose. If anything, Coach Montgomery is probably more apt to get Atkinson more looks since he's the one furthest from that 1,000-yard mark. I think that's the record this team wants more than anything.

cb

Tarion Adams is one of my all time favorite players to play at TU. Just one heck of a football player.
Won't ever forget the game where he threw for a TD, rushed for one & caught one. The football "trifecta", so to speak! (Although I have forgotten who the unfortunate opponent was).

Won't ever forget the game where he threw for a TD, rushed for one & caught one. The football "trifecta", so to speak! (Although I have forgotten who the unfortunate opponent was).
In the 2008 CUSA championship game, I believe if we had just fed Tarion the ball, we would've driven down the field for a touchdown to win the game. I know Marion went down with the knee injury on the pass play that got intercepted to basically seal the win for East Carolina, but from where I sat, the pass looked high and may have been picked anyway.

Flanders broke Tarrion Adams record for Most rushing yds in a season. Atkinson needs 73 yds for 3000/2x1000/2x1000.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU1NNJ
Josh seemed to have pulled his groin in the first half, actually left for locker room early. But the OT catch was big time. Hope he gets to 1000!

This team is ridiculously balanced. 305 passing, 306 rushing. That puts rushing yards ahead by 2 on the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT