ADVERTISEMENT

If You're Getting a Policy through Obamacare Website Please Read

lawpoke87

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2002
A number of these policy won't cover admissions or treatments to some of our top hospitals...most notable around here MD Anderson. I had a friend and fellow TU grad seek treatment at MD Anderson a few years ago for lukemia after being told here there was nothing that could be done for him. After a 4 month stay he is in remission and has a great outlook. The exclusion of top hospitals would be a deal breaker for me.

I've been dealing with a BCBS agent trying to get HC. It was quite an agonizing experience and I'm still not signed up yet. I've been to BCBS at 41st/Memorial and the BCBS agent 3 times. All of those at BCBS think Obamacare is pretty ridiculous as designed except one I talked to. The problem was still the website as of last Wednesday. The agent had to call Chicago three times to talk to his supervisor to see if there was a way to break through. His suggestions were used and it still didn't work. I've been trying to get HC since late October. I suppose doing it should become a full time job as far as the govt is concerned, but most people don't have that kind of time.

I've talked to BCBS over the phone several times. Most of them were just parttime twenty-somethings (in California, Wisconsin, Florida and San Angelo and Abilene, Tx) that just read a script.

I'm going to keep trying and if I still don't have H ins by the 15th, I'll have the agent write a letter saying that it isn't my fault. If I don't have it by then, I hope I can sue if I get sick and have to pay out of pocket.

It is obvious to me and anyone paying attention, that Obamacare isn't fixed and that Obama is just declaring victory rather than achieving it. He doesn't really care how many americans are hurt by this as long as he can achieve his radical goals.

IMO

Discouraging that the Administration isn't front and center with the restrictions on these policies. They deem my current policy subpar because it doesn't cover mental issues but their's doesn't provide for the best care available (MD Anderson) while mine does...make sense? I would argue I'm much more likely to come down with cancer than be afflicted with a longterm mental ailment.

No one read the label on the bottle and are now shocked by the contents....shame on us

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT