ADVERTISEMENT

Ida. Say of prayer for Louisiana.

lawpoke87

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2002
Major hurricane forecast to make landfall near New Orleans. Pumps still all don’t work properly. Mayor has decline to issue an emergency mandated evacuation order. Thousands and thousands of people aren’t going to be able to get out. Could be really bad.

The hospitals in New Orleans are turning away patients because they are full. There are no places to send patients since statewide hospitals are at capacity. This could turn out to be a perfect storm worse than Katrina.

I’m hoping my friends are evacuating from Baton Rouge, but they are just recovering from Covid (breakthrough infection so they weren’t hospitalized) and aren’t sure about trying to drive for hours to evacuate.

Say a prayer for the rig hands setting hurricane plugs and hustling to the choppers.

A bunch of my brothers may not make it off the rigs while trying to save the beaches...

• Sad
Reactions: cmullinsTU
Ida intensified rapidly overnight and is now a strong cat 4 storm. It could be cat 5 by the time it makes landfall. I’m really worried about my friends working in the hospital over there as the last 18 months have been hell for them and they are sheltering in place through a possible cat 5 storm.

Doesn’t appear New Orleans will see the eye wall or the heaviest of rains. Looks like they might escape the worst.

Power of Hurricane Ida is so strong it REVERSED the direction of the Mississippi River! I didn’t even know that was possible!

Prayers and hope everyone in the direct line remain safe. I’m so worried given hospitals are already full in the state due to COVID. I want to do what I can to help, but I have no idea what I can do from afar.

Lot's of things are possible, just very low probability. It happened in the Boot Heal of Missouri when the New Madrid Earthquake had the same effect on the Mississippi River. Of course, that was in 1811.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Wow, the ENTIRE city of New Orleans is without power. And it may take weeks for them to restore power for everyone.

Additionally, phone lines are out, including 911; and cell phone coverage is down for almost the entire city.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT