I think I'll put this right here ...

barrister1602

I.T.S. Head Coach
Jan 24, 2007
Drumright man accused of robbing adult store

By Associated Press

Published: 10/16/2012 8:32 AM

Last Modified: 10/16/2012 8:32 AM

STILLWATER ? Prosecutors have filed felony charges against an Oklahoma man accused of robbing an adult store at knifepoint.

Prosecutors filed the charges Monday against Jesse Allen Smith of Drumright. He's charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon in last week's reported robbery at Christie's Toy Box in Stillwater.

The Stillwater NewsPress reports that Smith is accused of taking two magazines, $150 in cash and a blow-up doll late Thursday from the adult novelty store.

Prosecutors also filed felony charges of attempting to elude after Smith allegedly led authorities on a chase prior to his arrest.

Smith remains jailed in Payne County and is due in court Wednesday for an arraignment. Court records do not list an attorney for him.

Any word on whether he inflated the doll to set next to him during the chase?

Is the blowup doll now considered an accomplice in the crime?

I believe that was the Chinese blow-up doll, the model referred to as "Lei Mi"

I don't do criminal defense, but I feel bad for this guy. May be my pro bono work for the year.

Originally posted by TUTypical:

Stole the doll so he could drive in the car pool lane imo
This brings me to a question. Are the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes in Dallas actually for vans, 7-passenger SUVs, busses, etc., regardless of the number of passengers -- or is it simply based on number of passengers, where five people crammed into a 2-door civic coupe qualify? I've wondered that ever since living in Plano 14 years ago.

Doesn't really matter, because I see motorcycles use that lane...people abuse it badly, but I was just curious of the actual rules.

Originally posted by Chris Harmon:

Originally posted by TUTypical:

Stole the doll so he could drive in the car pool lane imo
This brings me to a question. Are the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes in Dallas actually for vans, 7-passenger SUVs, busses, etc., regardless of the number of passengers -- or is it simply based on number of passengers, where five people crammed into a 2-door civic coupe qualify? I've wondered that ever since living in Plano 14 years ago.

Doesn't really matter, because I see motorcycles use that lane...people abuse it badly, but I was just curious of the actual rules.
Motorcyles are allowed to use the HOV lane, and any other vehicle with 2 or more people. It's a $200 fine if the second person is a blow up sex doll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT